Next Corps to Break Into Top 12

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm predicting Blue Stars and Academy are the next two to break the Top 12.

Thoughts?

Actually, Blue Stars would not be "breaking" in to the top 12, since they were already there 8 times previously. They would be returning to the top 12.

But, I think you are pretty accurate on your two choices.

Actually, Blue Stars would not be "breaking" in to the top 12, since they were already there 8 times previously. They would be returning to the top 12.

But, I think you are pretty accurate on your two choices.

I sit corrected...when was the last time Blue Stars were in the Top 12?

I sit corrected...when was the last time Blue Stars were in the Top 12?

I hope Madison gets back in!

not sure of the rules for this OP

I'd say Madison will be the new face in finals next year

Blue Stars will be the next after them

I think Academy is still a ways away

as far as new, new, never been my vote goes to The Academy

I hope Madison gets back in!

I'm thinking that's going to be tough.

First, I can see possibly one corps dropping from last year's top 12, but two would be a real shocker. So, if I'm right and only one corps drops then it's a three horse race for the new 12th place corps.

I think Madison is moving in a direction that will get them there, but it will most likely be 2009. Unless two or more corps drop from top 12 (when's the last time that happened? Was it 2002?) I don't see it for 2008.

Spirit finished the season strong and finished in 12th by a full point. And I thought their show wasn't as good as the 2006 production. We'll see what their retooling and staff changes bring.

If Academy had any kind of visual book last year they would have easily knocked Spirit out. My understanding is that issue is being addressed this year. They have guard and visual staff changes as well.

Blue Stars are also building on their success from last year. They were neck and neck with Academy all season. I was not happy with their music book and the arranging last year, but it was enough for a solid 14th. The Blue Stars/Star connection seems to be working for them. Go with solid dark blue bibs and I'm over my uniform issues with them.

Madison ended last season well over 2 points behind these two corps last season. I like the idea that Madison is really dedicating resources in an attempt to build their guard program. We'll see how that pans out for 2008, but right now, two of the three corps ahead of them had more consistent guard programs. I would argue that Madison's guard program was on par with Academy's last year. It was slightly behind Blue Stars and clearly behind Spirit's.

Again, this is early and way before many shows have been announced, let alone put on the field. But, I will say this...in 2002, the entire field was not as good as it was last season. It was...by many accounts...an off year. I see nothing at present to indicate that 2008 will repeat that phenomenon.