DALLAS radio KLIF

• 1 month later...
It took awhile to get the audio, but this interview is now posted at DCI.org.

Dan

Dan...this is Dave from the radio broadcast...geez, please tell me that I'm not on the audio...ugh.

Edited by silvertrombone

O...M...G...you did NOT leave my phone call on there.

So here I am pulling up out in front of my house when on comes Al Chez...name I recognize. Radio guy is talking about the BCS halftime show and the program producer is giving him a hard time for being/talking about band geeks, so I call in to razz the producer and support Dan. Still didn't realize who Dan was...oops.

C'mon, didn't know he was a radio announcer! What's worse, I've heard him filling in several times locally. D'oh, right?

Well it suddenly dawns on my RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF CHEZ'S INTERVIEW that Dan Potter is THE Dan Potter.

So, Dan, I had actually called in to voice my support with Scottie, or whatever his name is, giving you a hard time when I suddenly realized that "oh, you're the DCI announcer guy."

Geez, didja HAVE to leave that on the audio? Now everyone in the drum corps universe is going to hear, "Oh, you're the DCI announcer guy."

Hope you didn't get in trouble with anyone for such a stupid caller being let through!

O...M...G...you did NOT leave my phone call on there.

Dave, you sounded fine. Stop beating yourself up. Plus, you got one more shout out for drum corps in there!

Garry in Vegas

Dave, you sounded fine. Stop beating yourself up. Plus, you got one more shout out for drum corps in there!

Garry in Vegas

Thanks, Garry--I wasn't worried because I said, "Oh, you're THE Dan Potter!" As if anyone else listening knew what the smack I was talking about. But I had actually called in to make a point...ironically, to support and defend all my fellow Band-O's in the world...when suddenly, out of the blue...I, myself got a clue!

As everyone in the DC universe now knows, it was kind of a blonde moment! Happy to entertain. Cheers!