Blue Stars January Camp Information

Then you should! I have visited a lot of different corps. I am happy to say I finally found home this year with the Blue Stars. It's an experience like none other and I can say that after ONE camp. And unlike some places the staff WANT to see you succeed. It can't hurt and they don't make cuts; they give you suggestions to improve your chances of making it in. Download the music on the website, www.bluestars.org look to the right and there is a link to Audition Materials. Come out and give us a try.

See you on the Jan. the 18th

For once I'm not doubting my playing ability.

(Even though I get nervous in playing auditions, and shake and mess up)

I'm more worried/doubting my back.

I joined a corps at the February camp, and had to leave the first day of everydays.

I just don't know if I can go through that again.

For once I'm not doubting my playing ability.

(Even though I get nervous in playing auditions, and shake and mess up)

I'm more worried/doubting my back.

I joined a corps at the February camp, and had to leave the first day of everydays.

I just don't know if I can go through that again.

Do what is best for your health. But the Blue Stars doors are open for anyone willing to give it a try. Hopefully you will make out to our camp in two weeks.

did I mention the hornline is going to be much bigger? AND LOUDER?

(bump)

adding 10 or more brass players is not always a great idea. these are the 10 that you would cut at the normal brass line.

quantity over quality.

it is one thing for

Cavies

Cadets

Blue Devils

but for lower tiered corps , this might be the best idea.

Hopefully I will be able to make it up there.

We shall see though.

adding 10 or more brass players is not always a great idea. these are the 10 that you would cut at the normal brass line.

quantity over quality.

it is one thing for

Cavies

Cadets

Blue Devils

but for lower tiered corps , this might be the best idea.

I thought the 150 member rule was dumber than dirt, with half-baked rationalization (yes, rationalization, not rationale) for justification. It was clearly designed--if not intended--to benefit the top six corps.

Yet, the top tier wannabes have to play the game as a top tier corps to have any hope of becoming one. Sort of like having no choice but to change to Bb and add amps.

If the 2008 Blue Stars are anything like 2007, they will be a sound to behold. Go Blue Stars!

If the 2008 Blue Stars are anything like 2007, they will be a sound to behold. Go Blue Stars!

I think you will be more than happy with the outcome of the extra horns. I'm sure people that come to our show and tell on Sunday afternoons can attest to that.

Anyone in the Indy area is more than welcome to come to the Indiana State Fairgrounds about 2pm on camp Sundays to see our weekend "show and tell" performance. You might even get a tidbit from the upcoming 2008 show, if you come on the 1/20. We rehearse in the 4-H buildings (behind the track and away from the Pepsi Center. Just find the equip truck).

Camp Date are... (flyer found here) http://www.bluestars.org/graphics/08poster_lg2.jpg

Friends, Family and Alum of the Blue Stars are encouraged to attend. We also have had some Star of Indiana and Star United members attend. Sundays are becoming a bit of a reunion day at camps, for many different reasons.

FCO!

Edited by njthundrrd