Openings

Raiders....A few brass players, some pit percussionists, and there is never enough guard.

:rolleyes:

A first-class organization that strives to give its' members the best experience possible, if you're still thinking about marching, now's the time! The corps is improving day by day and is sure to turn some heads come seasons' end.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defending Division III World Champions Memphis Sound D&BC still has several holes that need to be filled, I think the holes are: 2 sops, 2 bari/Euph, 2 or 3 contras, 2 or 3 mellos. I also think the pit has some holes for a timpani player, and to the best of my knowledge there is still going to be a plate line (not entirely sure about it due to lack of people to fill the line) if you are interested at all, go the the corps site, www.memphisdrumcorps.org and contact Pam Opie via e-mail or calling her. Things are going well for Mempho regardless the rumors you may have heard. Come and join us when we move back in this Sunday (July 6th). :rolleyes:

BDB has a few holes in the brassline. Specifically i believe it is 1 trumpet (maybe not that spot anymore), 1 baritone and 1 mello. There are also a few holes in the colorguard.

Does BDB limit the age of their members? Can you march in the corps until you age-out? (Sorry if this was answered previously... I searched but could not find).

Does BDB limit the age of their members? Can you march in the corps until you age-out? (Sorry if this was answered previously... I searched but could not find).

No, age is not limited. We have several age outs in the corps as well as a handful kids in the 13-14 age range and the rest fall everywhere in between. It is a very diverse group of kids and all are welcome.

Edited by FieldofBlueDreams

The Springfield Targets have a few openings for musicians and color guard members to complete their 2008 roster. Contact Targets Corps Director Dave Covington at: 413-348-6040 to find out more, or stop down at one of our rehearsals. TARGETS 2008 SCHEDULE

CURRENT OPENINGS:

COLOR GUARD

BRASS: 1 Soprano (2nd soprano) and 1 - 2 Baritones

PERCUSSION: Front Ensemble Mallet players: Show off your chops with this excellent book by Jeff Hope.

TRUCK DRIVERS

The Targets' 2008 Show, "13th Warrior" has hit the field and we are going on tour. The Director can discuss tour and camp fees, which are very affordable.

We are offering one dollar tour fee , we lost some kids due to summer school so we coul use a bari a sop and a mello

and a bass drum

We are offering one dollar tour fee , we lost some kids due to summer school so we coul use a bari a sop and a mello

and a bass drum

Steel Town Brass (div of Bandettes org) Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada, will be building up their corps to re-enter competition in 2009. Although fees are not set in stone yet, PROPOSED FEES AT THIS TIME ARE: Registration $150.00, Camp fees $35 x aprox 10 camps = $350.00 Tour fee based on lenght of tour aprox $500.00. That's about $1,000.00 for everything but spending money. Bandettes org. have always had one of the lowest fees so that nobody has to miss membership due to fees. I personally think these fees MAY go up a couple hundred, BUT, the org. won't if not necessary and only what is necessary if they do. Some local recruiting has begun in Sault Ste. Marie already and membership for the first year will be limited to aprox 80, (2 buses) with additions up to 150 as the budget allows (2 or 3 seasons?) Anyone out there interested in marching with Steel Town Brass in 2009 can send their name, email address and position of interest (phone numbers optional) to stbrass@yahoo.com and get on the list. In late August early Sept. more details will be available and sent out to all. Corps camps are usually held in Michigan. Since this is our first year in competition as the "Brass" we expect mostly rookies, so any additional vets will be a great help to all. Something to think about!