Looking for Assistant Instructor/Tech

quegrawks

I'm looking for an assistant guard instructor to help teach a high school colorguard in Elgin, TX, as my current assistant is leaving at the end of winterguard season.

Qualifications: Must have at least four years competitive marching band and winterguard experience. Must have experience with flag, rifle, sabre, and dance/movement. MUST be patient, and willing to work with new students and to teach any/all pieces of equipment. Prefer drum corps (all age or jr. corps) experience and independent winterguard experience. No teaching experience necessary.

Responsibilities: Responsible for cleaning work/movement. Responsible for general technician duties as assigned by director. Must attend all fall rehearsals and competitions unless prior arrangements are made. MUST be a positive role model for high-school aged students, as there may be occasions when you run guard rehearsals alone.

Pay: This will be a paid position. Pay is dependent on marching band's budget and your experience. This is a perfect position for college students who are looking to become colorguard directors/instructors.

Please send a resume and letter of interest to Michael J. Vazquez at *michael_j_vazquez*@*hotmail*.*com Remove the * symbols.

~~edited to make information & e-mail address clearer.

Edited by quegrawks

• 2 weeks later...
I would stop by, but your a good 2 hours away from me. Although Elgin does have Southside Market & BBQ right there :)

Yes it does, but I have to promote Meyer's BBQ over Southside, because the owners are parents of one of my guard kids, and they do a lot to support the marching band and winter guard programs. Plus, I didn't really like Southside's bbq. Their BBQ Sauce is good, though.

SO, if you're in the area and get a hankerin' (is that Texas enough?) for some BBQ, stop by MEYER'S! :-D And buy Meyer's Elgin Sausage at the nearest HEB grocery store! :-D

For some reason, this post just cracks me up.

will work for BBQ! :omg:

texas BBQ=box six! :omg:

Edited by dugg

Oh man! Teaching jobs AND BBQ! Maybe I should make the 1500 mi. move! :D

Where do you live now? I can honestly say it's probably not worth it. lol