Teal Sound 2008

Well, the corps made a 8 place jump in 2007. Anyone think they will get the gold for 2008? I kinda wanted to post this because I'm getting somewhat bothered by all this talk of Spartans and Jersey Surf. They are good and have a good have a strong chance for the gold but, what about Teal?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw their show a few times and I felt that they are an amazing corps. I think people disregarded them because they weren't in the "first place" run at finals last year but if you look at the scores and their history like these two other corps all they have done is go up in membership and talent. I wouldn't be surprised if they are the underdog winner for this year but who knows its really about enjoying the show more then winning isn't it?

Edited by flyodd

BDB has an exceptional amount of talent this year as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4- or 5-way sprint to the finish come August.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the priveledge of hearing Teal Sound a week or two ago, and they sounded absolutely amazing... I was actually quite shocked, they knocked me off my feet...some great things happening there. We'll just have to wait for this season to start to see where everyone sits...but I think Teal has a real genuine shot at Gold this year...good luck!

Well, the corps made a 8 place jump in 2007. Anyone think they will get the gold for 2008? I kinda wanted to post this because I'm getting somewhat bothered by all this talk of Spartans and Jersey Surf. They are good and have a good have a strong chance for the gold but, what about Teal?

I am sure the whole drum corps community is excited to see what Teal can do as a "real" drum corps. I hear the design team is wicked good.

Look out open class! World class, make room!

Go Teal!

BDB has an exceptional amount of talent this year as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4- or 5-way sprint to the finish come August.

It would be a good thing to see a knock down, drag out at the end of the season.

The 3 fans in the stands would get way more than they expected, anyway.

I went to Div II/III finals last year in Pasadena. I am a band director and for me, it was shamefully empty in the stands while the kids played their hearts out. Hmm, that just gave me a great idea.....

Maybe they should have all caption heads warm up their programs during prelims/finals and let their tech staffs sit in the stands and pretend to be the crowd that should have been there to begin with. From what I hear, it's the techs that do all the work anyways....you all deserve a day to celebrate your student's performances. While you're there, you can cheer for the other groups as well.

Is that too feel good and marching bandy of me to ask? Any takers?

This statement is 100% wrong. Unless you've been on tour, please don't make stupid remarks.

Moving on...........

The guy was just trying to say that there should be a bigger audience at Finals. He was also jesting about the whole techs versus caption head argument. The truth is that the techs do a lot of the grunt work. Calm down and follow your own advice.

Edited by goldingna