Predictions for Open Class Finals

"Corps who will probably be duking it out to try to squeeze into Finals (Spots 13-17 No Order):

Dutch Boy, Spartans, Impulse, Cap Sound, Spokane Thunder"

...? Yes he did

my bad. I read too fast.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does last year's standing have to do with anything? There are too many factors involved that have nothing to do with last year's scores. They could completely fall apart this year at finals and have a bad show and with more corps in one class last year basically means nothing at this point

This is true.. but from what I've been seeing, Teal has a lot going for them this year.

Still rooting for 2 chickens and a squirrel

they have a all new staff , of a hippo

and new busses...well actually its a caravan of camels

Somehow at finals sound got screwed with the color guard judge who had hated them all year so if their guard score had not have been so low they would have remained in 3rd.

Sounds like somebody's bitter...

It baffles me how bent out of shape people get over this. This isn't any different from sports commentators or even fan predictions made preseason. The bulk of their opinions coming from a teams' performance over the past season or seasons. Consistency in performance usually being a key factor in making those calls.

Behold Clean Beats's infallible predictions! In all CAPS for added flair!!

1. JERSEY JAZZ

2. TEAL NOISE

3. BD JR.

4. SCV JR.

5. FEVER

6. MEMPHIS NOISE

7. THE CORPS FORMERLY KNOWN AS SPARTANS

8. OREGON NOISE

9. CITATION NOISE

10. REVOLUTIONARY NOISE

11. OAKLAND RAIDERS

12. VELVET NOISE/IMPLUSE (tie)

NOW FOR MY PROPS AND SLOPS:

PROPS: CLEAN BEATS FOR BEING A BAD ###.

CHARLIE BOOM BOOM FOR BEING A RATIONAL PERSON.

MERSINGER3 FOR KEEPING IT LIGHT.

SLOPS: MALLETROKR12 FOR BEING 14 YEARS OLD.

BARITONEGUY007 FOR BEING DUMB ALL OVER THE WORLD.

RON BURGENDY FOR OVERREACTING NONSTOP.

Behold Clean Beats's infallible predictions! In all CAPS for added flair!!

1. JERSEY JAZZ

2. TEAL NOISE

3. BD JR.

4. SCV JR.

5. FEVER

6. MEMPHIS NOISE

7. THE CORPS FORMERLY KNOWN AS SPARTANS

8. OREGON NOISE

9. CITATION NOISE

10. REVOLUTIONARY NOISE

11. OAKLAND RAIDERS

12. VELVET NOISE/IMPLUSE (tie)

NOW FOR MY PROPS AND SLOPS:

PROPS: CLEAN BEATS FOR BEING A BAD ###.

CHARLIE BOOM BOOM FOR BEING A RATIONAL PERSON.

MERSINGER3 FOR KEEPING IT LIGHT.

SLOPS: MALLETROKR12 FOR BEING 14 YEARS OLD.

BARITONEGUY007 FOR BEING DUMB ALL OVER THE WORLD.

RON BURGENDY FOR OVERREACTING NONSTOP.

My sig says it all, but I believe that's 'Turquoise Noise'.

ODDS ON FAVORITE

1. Jersey Surf - How could they not be the favorite after supposedly getting 280 auditionees plus upgrading their brass staff?

FAIRLY DISTANT SECOND

2. Teal Sound - I imagine they'll keep getting better but I don't think they'll be that close to Surf.

FIGHT FOR THIRD

3. BDB - I give it to them because I'm sure they're likely to have more auditionees since BD just won a title.

4. SCVC - I really enjoyed their show last year (despite all the performance issues) and I think they'll get 4th this year. I was really disappointed with their percussion last year after their great percussion (especially pit) year in 06 (gosh those features were dirty on the DVD).

5. Fever - I didn't think they were all that great last year but I only saw them once. I suppose they'll be in the hunt.

NEXT TIER

6. Citations - HUGE dark horse pick here! But with all the staff they got from Spartans (plus doesn't Charlie Poole write their drum book?) I think we'll finally see them rise out of the prelims-slump they've had the last two seasons (what happened last year? They had a lot of momentum early on and then it all fell apart for them).

7. Oregon Crusaders - They'll be right up there with Citations. Their 06 show was my second favorite open class show ever and I think they'll start getting back to what they once were.

8. Spartans - The other big unknown. I really have no clue as to where to place these guys. WONDERFUL pit last year but it looks like we won't be seeing more of the same.

9. Memphis Sound - About as good as they were in 06 now that they lost Feagin.

FIGHT FOR FINALS

10. Raiders - Slight edge over Revo and the rest due to a lot more shows than last year (according to dci.org).

11. Revo - Shouldn't have lost to Dutch Boy last year. Another corps with a great pit last year.

12. Dutch Boy - Didn't think they deserved their placement last year but they'll still make finals.

JUST A BIT OUTSIDE

13. VK- Could be higher. Didn't get to see them last year but I hope this year I'll get to watch a VK corps live for the first time!

14. Impulse - I don't sense that things are going well for them. Hope they prove me wrong.

Hope I didn't leave any big names out...

Edited by drumcorpsfan4567