Predictions for Open Class Finals

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fair enough...just going off of DCI's current info...good luck on the process from here out

I would like to predict that the Colt Cadets will make Semi finals for the first time in their history. Considering that this corps is probably the youngest in avg. age it will be quite the accomplishment. they have made steady improvemnet over the last 3 years. About 10 of last years Cadets moved on to the Colts. Good Luck to all corps.

I would like to predict that the Colt Cadets will make Semi finals for the first time in their history. Considering that this corps is probably the youngest in avg. age it will be quite the accomplishment. they have made steady improvemnet over the last 3 years. About 10 of last years Cadets moved on to the Colts. Good Luck to all corps.

A big applause for the Colt Cadets! Truly a class organization, who are doing exactly what Div II/III / Open class is all about. Best of luck this year!

...who are doing exactly what Div II/III / Open class is all about.

Just out of curiosity (and not trying to start a flame war), exactly what do you think that Open Class is "all about?"

I always find those kinds of comments somewhat condescending toward Open Class corps. Isn't all of drum corps "all about" the pursuit of excellence?

Just out of curiosity (and not trying to start a flame war), exactly what do you think that Open Class is "all about?"

I always find those kinds of comments somewhat condescending toward Open Class corps. Isn't all of drum corps "all about" the pursuit of excellence?

Yes, Drum Corps is all about the pursuit of excellence. I didn't detect any intention otherwise, but rather the suggestion that Open class corps are all about training their members, and graduating them as sound fundamental players. I do believe Open class has a mandate to generate performers with a solid base upon which to further perform. Whether that be in a higher placing world class group, or a symphony, or wherever their talent takes them. With 10 of their members moving on to further develop their skills, it Sounds like that's exactly what the Colt Cadets are doing!

again great job.

Shuke

The judges pick the end of the season ranking in March. Corps competes for the judge’s favor by offering them free vacations, cars, hookers, concert tickets or anything that might sway the judge’s opinion. I noticed that all of the judges last year were wearing Rolex watches with a certain corps insignia on it. The judges will be meeting in the Bahamas in March. You can usually look at the receipts for the judges meals and hotels to find out who is going to win at the end of the year. Ask your corps director if they are planning a trip to the Bahamas in March. If they say no, you can figure that your corps is not going to do very well this year. A high ranking corps can figure on 75% of their dues going for judge payola.

Edited by argonaut

The judges pick the end of the season ranking in March. Corps competes for the judge’s favor by offering them free vacations, cars, hookers, concert tickets or anything that might sway the judge’s opinion.

You forgot to include single malt scotch and Cuban cigars, as well as tickets to the smash hit Broadway musical "Avenue Q."

The judges pick the end of the season ranking in March. Corps competes for the judge’s favor by offering them free vacations, cars, hookers, concert tickets or anything that might sway the judge’s opinion. I noticed that all of the judges last year were wearing Rolex watches with a certain corps insignia on it. The judges will be meeting in the Bahamas in March. You can usually look at the receipts for the judges meals and hotels to find out who is going to win at the end of the year. Ask your corps director if they are planning a trip to the Bahamas in March. If they say no, you can figure that your corps is not going to do very well this year. A high ranking corps can figure on 75% of their dues going for judge payola.

LOL

I knew we were missing some key ingredient. I'll bring this up at our design meeting tomorrow night--no more design and education for us. From now on, it's sheer, hard-core bribery.

This actually reminds me of the rumors I would hear back in the day when I marched. There were some crazy notions about how corps got their scores......

LOL

I knew we were missing some key ingredient. I'll bring this up at our design meeting tomorrow night--no more design and education for us. From now on, it's sheer, hard-core bribery.

This actually reminds me of the rumors I would hear back in the day when I marched. There were some crazy notions about how corps got their scores......

FleetwoodMac-Rumors.jpg

I remember listening to Fleetwood Mac back in the day, but I have a completely different take on that album. It’s funny when I hear people talk about actually having a design team. What really matters is bribery and plumage. If you look at successful drum corps, the correlation to winning and ample plumage is quite apparent.