rehearsal day warm downs

i'll say this -- i marched for six years in one corps.

my first couple of years, we did ensemble warm-downs EVERY day, no matter what. i always found it to be patronizing because 90% of us were music majors (read: could take care of our own faces), and even if we only had 1:15 from the end of rehearsal until the time when buses left, we had to waste ten minutes playing low c over and over again.

my third year, we got a new staff who would have nothing to do with warm-downs. "you are adults," the caption head said, "take care of yourselves." this was much better.

Agree. We had an older-ish hornline my ageout. Alot of us were music majors. The last thing we wanted to do was stand around in a circle playing pedel tones while our precious little dinner/ free time slips away. We actually approched the brass staff and they agreed to let us warmdown on our own and do what we felt we needed.

Agree. We had an older-ish hornline my ageout. Alot of us were music majors. The last thing we wanted to do was stand around in a circle playing pedel tones while our precious little dinner/ free time slips away. We actually approched the brass staff and they agreed to let us warmdown on our own and do what we felt we needed.

Yeah...one reason I hate any kind of mandatory warm down - do they give you extra time to do it? Nope. It comes out of the hour of your time when you have a million other things to do. If they want warm downs, then schedule warm downs.