New Independent Drumline Rumor

quegrawks

I've heard talk of some people starting an independent drumline in the San Antonio, TX area. From what I understand the process is underway to begin recruiting this season to start up next winter. That's about all the info I've been able to get. Does anyone have any information about this?

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard nothing, and I usually find out these kinds of things a little fast. Who knows, though.. could be. I know there was the rumor about the independent line starting up in Austin about a year or so ago, and that actually happened.

we need more independent lines here in Louisiana. We only have 14 lines total in the whole Louisiana circuit, and half of them are in scholastic A, which is Novice pretty much everywhere else. Our 14 lines are pretty much an opening act for the 35 color guards we have. After I get out of college (music ed. major/percussion minor), i hope to start either a school line at whatever school i get a job at, or an independent line.

we need more independent lines here in Louisiana. We only have 14 lines total in the whole Louisiana circuit, and half of them are in scholastic A, which is Novice pretty much everywhere else. Our 14 lines are pretty much an opening act for the 35 color guards we have. After I get out of college (music ed. major/percussion minor), i hope to start either a school line at whatever school i get a job at, or an independent line.

What college are you in now? Louisiana is traditionally "lagging behind" in just about everything. Very few REALLY GOOD corps style high school bands in Louisiana too; not even as many as in Mississippi and Alabama........

What college are you in now? Louisiana is traditionally "lagging behind" in just about everything. Very few REALLY GOOD corps style high school bands in Louisiana too; not even as many as in Mississippi and Alabama........

I'll be entering McNeese State this coming fall

Might be even fewer in Louisiana due to an arrest of a well known LA band/percussionist.

There's no reason why there can't be MORE lines in TX and LA. Represent the gulf.

Who's that? I haven't heard anything about that.

Oh yeah, I remember that one. We somehow found a way to use it to make fun of our instructor.

It would be great to have some more lines here in TX, esp non-scholastic. Best of luck if this is a real project! :)