New drum corps in Missoula Montana

Drum corps marches in Missoula Boys and Girls Club of Missoula County director Mary Allen and resident drum corps expert Mark Sollars want area children to find the beat.

Their newly established youth performing arts program — The Majestic Knights drum corps — aims to give youngsters ages 11 to 21 the opportunity to compete and perform at local athletic events.

Sollars, a professional drummer, will direct the program, which is sponsored by Boys and Girls Club and donations. His long-term goal is to establish the Knights as a nationally competitive drums corps within five years.

Start-up funding for the program is limited. To contribute or participate, call Sollars at 460-880-3999. Or e-mail mjsollars@msn.com

Welcome Majestic Knights. This is great news. We need more Corps up here in the Northwest. Maybe DCI will take this area a little more seriously like the REST of us do and bring back DCI sanctioned shows to Washington and eventually to Montana. Good luck!! :lol:

Moved to Open Class.

Welcome Majestic Knights. This is great news. We need more Corps up here in the Northwest. Maybe DCI will take this area a little more seriously like the REST of us do and bring back DCI sanctioned shows to Washington and eventually to Montana. Good luck!! :lol:
I am finding DCI is very hard to work with at times. Steve Vickers from drum corps world is so helpful and very pleasant to work with. So how is the Thunder doing ? Edited by Majestic Knights

I am finding DCI is very hard to work with at times. Steve Vickers from drum corps world is so helpful and very pleasant to work with. So how is the Thunder doing ?

Yes, Steve is a very nice guy. I had the pleasure of chatting with him once over the phone. It was fun reminiscing with him about the olden days. Don't get me started about DCI though :w00t: ...

Thunder is doing well so far. We're really excited with our new staff and all that they want to do with the Corps. The March camp is next weekend and they should get alot done. Unfortunately we had to cancel the Feb camp because of all the nasty weather. I myself haven't heard the music yet but the Director said that what he has heard sounds very good and he's very excited about it.

Last I heard we had 60+ kids sign up with a prospect for more. We may be looking at 80+ if all the kids who expressed some kind of interest show up. We're keeping our fingers crossed. All are welcome at Spokane Thunder. Be sure to check our website http://www.spokanethunder.org/ to keep up with the news.

We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for Majestic Knights too. Having another competitive Corps just a little ways East across the mountains will keep US on our toes for sure! :huh:

Welcome Majestic Knights! I wish you all the best from myself and Thunder!

Yes, Steve is a very nice guy. I had the pleasure of chatting with him once over the phone. It was fun reminiscing with him about the olden days. Don't get me started about DCI though :w00t: ...

Thunder is doing well so far. We're really excited with our new staff and all that they want to do with the Corps. The March camp is next weekend and they should get alot done. Unfortunately we had to cancel the Feb camp because of all the nasty weather. I myself haven't heard the music yet but the Director said that what he has heard sounds very good and he's very excited about it.

Last I heard we had 60+ kids sign up with a prospect for more. We may be looking at 80+ if all the kids who expressed some kind of interest show up. We're keeping our fingers crossed. All are welcome at Spokane Thunder. Be sure to check our website http://www.spokanethunder.org/ to keep up with the news.

We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for Majestic Knights too. Having another competitive Corps just a little ways East across the mountains will keep US on our toes for sure! :huh:

Will the Thunder have a show this season in Spokane ?

Welcome again!!! To answer your question, Yes, Thunder will have an exhibition show around the 12th of July in Spokane. OC, Cascades and Spokane Thunder will be performing in exhibition!

I wish you the best of luck in getting everything started :huh: More Corps in the Northwest is never a bad thing!!