Chicago Royal Airs Upcoming March Camp

Upcoming Chicago Royal Airs Camp information from Barb Baur, as follows:

When: Saturday, March 15th & Sunday, March 16th. Also - Parade on March 15th.

Because of a Scheduling conflict, we will be moving Saturday’s practice (only) to:

400 West St. Charles Rd, Villa Park, IL 60181

(Located approximately 1/2 mi. West of the VFW Post on the North side of the street. A-Z Body & Fender Building on the corner of Addison & St. Charles Road). Parking is on the West side of the building with overflow parking across the street at Uncommon USA. Doors open at 8:00 AM. Practice begins at 9:00 AM. We will meet here, practice and then car pool to parade and back. Once again we will have Pizza & open discussions on Saturday night after rehearsal.

Sunday Camp is at the Villa Park VFW Post, at the intersection of St. Charles Road and Ardmore Avenue in Villa Park, Illinois. Please bring a chair for Saturday's practice site. Also, please review the music for “Old Man River” as we will be working on it.

In Review:

Saturday - Camp at 9:00 AM @ 400 W St Charles Road in Villa Park

Parade - Elmhurst, IL.

Return to 400 West St. Charles Road. Practice will resume after lunch break.

Pizza & discussion until 9pm after rehearsal.

Sunday - 10: AM @ the VFW Post until 3:00 PM

Remember Parade is Full Uniform!!!! If you do not own a uniform please wear black or dark blue pants white shoes & corps jacket if you have one.

Everyone please bring your corps jacket if you own one for others to borrow for the parade. If you have any questions please email or call:

barbbaur1@yahoo.com Cell: 630-740-0779 (leave message)

Also, Staff and Administrative changes as follows:

The Corps is announcing the addition of Ken Fligelman to the management team for the Chicago Royal Airs as Assistant Corps Director. Ed Violett along with Dave Plein will be serving as Personnel Directors together. Dave Volkman is now serving as drum instructor. Donny Allen has been added as music arranger along with Ken Norman.

Also remember that the practices the Thursday's prior to a Camp weekend are canceled. All of this information is being added to the website. www.chicagoroyalairs.org. Changes are being made to website on a regular basis. Please continue to check it out.

Edited by Vanguard Rich

Because of a Scheduling conflict, we will be moving Saturday’s practice (only) to:

(Located approximately 1/2 mi. West of the VFW Post on the North side of the street. A-Z Body & Fender Building on the corner of Addison & St. Charles Road). Parking is on the West side of the building with overflow parking across the street at Uncommon USA. Doors open at 8:00 AM. Practice begins at 9:00 AM. We will meet here, practice and then car pool to parade and back. Once again we will have Pizza & open discussions on Saturday night after rehearsal.

Sunday Camp is at the Villa Park VFW Post, at the intersection of St. Charles Road and Ardmore Avenue in Villa Park, Illinois. Please bring a chair for Saturday's practice site. Also, please review the music for “Old Man River” as we will be working on it.

In Review:

Parade - Elmhurst, IL.

Remember Parade is Full Uniform!!!! If you do not own a uniform please wear black or dark blue pants white shoes & corps jacket if you have one.

Everyone please bring your corps jacket if you own one for others to borrow for the parade. If you have any questions please email or call:

Also, Staff and Administrative changes as follows:

The Corps is announcing the addition of Ken Fligelman to the management team for the Chicago Royal Airs as Assistant Corps Director. Ed Violett along with Dave Plein will be serving as Personnel Directors together. Dave Volkman is now serving as drum instructor. Donny Allen has been added as music arranger along with Ken Norman.

Also remember that the practices the Thursday's prior to a Camp weekend are canceled. All of this information is being added to the website. www.chicagoroyalairs.org. Changes are being made to website on a regular basis. Please continue to check it out.

Is former Skyliner (early 60's) Nick Tomasi marching with your guys this year? Put him on the hook for some Sky fokelore Greenwood Lakes tales ...

:-)

Is former Skyliner (early 60's) Nick Tomasi marching with your guys this year? Put him on the hook for some Sky fokelore Greenwood Lakes tales ...

:-)

Nick is alive and well, and is participating with the Corps. Next time I see him, I'll ask him about all of that. :unsure: I'll send you his e-mail address if you'd like to ring him up!!

Dave Plein = good dude :unsure:

YUP!!!!! And the "Dude" does ride horses too!! :smile:

Edited by Vanguard Rich

In Review:

Parade - Elmhurst, IL.

T

ATTENTION CHANGE OF CAMP REPORTING LOCATION!!!!

Report for Camp at 400 W St Charles Rd. Villa Park, IL 60181. Approximately 1/2 mile West of VFW Post!!!!! Corner of Addison Road & St. Charles Road.

Time: 9am Saturday March 15th.

Parade in Elmhurst @ Noon (Full Uniform) or dark pants/corps jacket.

Time: 10am Sunday, March 16th, Villa Park VFW Post, St. Charles Road & Ardmore Avenue.

Edited by Vanguard Rich

Nick is alive and well, and is participating with the Corps. Next time I see him, I'll ask him about all of that. :guinesssmilie: I'll send you his e-mail address if you'd like to ring him up!!

Rich - Wow! Wish I was still in Chicogoland so I could be there with you all. Tell the Baur brothers and all my former corps buddies from the Regal Valients and Chicago Connection days that I miss them a lot.

Take care -Thom Fontannaz (Sop)!

Rich - Wow! Wish I was still in Chicagoland so I could be there with you all. Tell the Baur brothers and all my former corps buddies from the Regal Valiants and Chicago Connection days that I miss them a lot.

Take care -Thom Fontannaz (Sop)!

The only RV alum left (that I know of) in the RA is Bill Baur, as brother Ted has been in California forever it seems. Haven't seen RV "Rothi" in months either; don't know what he's doing these days. CC Alums left are "Oak" John Olker & tenor drummer Mike Sylvia. And, I'm still playing with that Alumni Corps from Hawthorne, who will be in Wildwood, NJ for Camp the 3rd weekend in April. I'll say "Hello" to Bill & the boys when I see them next.

The only RV alum left (that I know of) in the RA is Bill Baur, as brother Ted has been in California forever it seems. Haven't seen RV "Rothi" in months either; don't know what he's doing these days. CC Alums left are "Oak" John Olker & tenor drummer Mike Sylvia. And, I'm still playing with that Alumni Corps from Hawthorne, who will be in Wildwood, NJ for Camp the 3rd weekend in April. I'll say "Hello" to Bill & the boys when I see them next.

Thanks, Rich. See you at the Cab Alumni camp in Wildwood in April. I'll also be at the Cab competing corps camp, of course. That's in May, I believe.

BTW - Big news this year for the Caballero DCA show in June. Senior corps competition is finally returning to the grass of Maxwell Field, according to Wildwood Mayor Ernie Troiano.

By showtime, the field will be completely reborn since the last time we were all there. It has the new larger stadium bleachers - WITH AN ACTUAL PRESS BOX, for all those judge weanies last year who thought twice about sitting on a hi-lifter. And the brand new Wildwood Community Center behind the field will be complete.

Also, some of you may not know the story about the new grass on Maxwell Field: The grass was produced by a turf farm in South Jersey and was originally destined for Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisc. But the mayor made a call to them just before the shows last year and "convinced 'em" that Wildwood was desperate and needed it first. So, of course, Wildwood - and Drum Corps - got the great grass. Green Bay got theirs later.

Don't know about the official lineup yet, but I understand it will be pretty cool. Could we finally be seeing a "Bush" in Wildwood?

And not that George "W" clown either! (Just my opinion).

Thanks, Thom

Edited by JerseyDigger29

Hey Thom

Thanks for the plug we are putting the final arrangements together on the Cabs at the Beach show June 21st. We are all excited about bringing the contest out doors to the famed Maxwell Field.

As you know Wildwood has been the spring training site for the Caballeros for the last six years. And every time we step on Maxwell Field you can’t help from looking down to the old stating line and seeing the great corps of the past getting ready to step off the line.

Look forward to seeing you the weekend of May 16, 17 & 18