Looking for a good private baritone or euphonium teacher around the Ph

spartan117

Hey guys,

Im looking for a good bari/euph teacher from around the Philly or Southern Jersey area. Since im not able to march this summer (im 19) because im going to take a few classes at my community college to help my gpa and credits to make college a little less stressful.

So because im not marching, I wont have the same brass instruction that I have been receiving these past two years. Im also auditioning for the Bluecoats next year, and one of the things I need to work on is my playing ability.

So if anybody is willing to instruct or knows of anybody from this area please let me know. Either respond in the forum or send me a PM.

Hey guys,

Im looking for a good bari/euph teacher from around the Philly or Southern Jersey area. Since im not able to march this summer (im 19) because im going to take a few classes at my community college to help my gpa and credits to make college a little less stressful.

So because im not marching, I wont have the same brass instruction that I have been receiving these past two years. Im also auditioning for the Bluecoats next year, and one of the things I need to work on is my playing ability.

So if anybody is willing to instruct or knows of anybody from this area please let me know. Either respond in the forum or send me a PM.

Dude! Check out the alumni corps in your area to help keep your chops in shape. Reilly and Archie can always use another bari player, I'm sure. There's more to drum corps that bus rides, gym floors and sketchy food.

How about a Mini Corp to keep your chops in shape and have fun without alot of time commitment. CrossmenXtreme Mini Corp practices at Downingtown West High School every other Sunday from 12:00nn to 3:30pm. The next practice is on 4/6/2008. We can always use another baritone.

Hey everybody!!

Thanks so much for all the help that you guys presented...I found out something to do over the summer so theres really no need to keep this topic open.

Thanks again for all the help!! It was greatly appreciated!!

Hey guys,

Have for asked the Bluecoats staff for a copy of warm up routines, annual ensemble charts etc... just to prepare yourself.

Have for asked the Bluecoats staff for a copy of warm up routines, annual ensemble charts etc... just to prepare yourself.

Alright I'll look into that. Thanks for the tip.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys,

How about finding an alumni corps to play with.

They're full of people with years worth of experience.

They don't have very big schedules for the most part.

Hey guys,

Call the local colleges with music programs. They may have adjuncts (who will have spaces in their schedules over the summer) or grad students who teach low brass. You can use this time to progress in ways that would not happen if you were focussing on ensemble music (the curse of low brass playing). In this regard, a private teacher can be invaluable.

Edited by Legalhack

Call the local colleges with music programs. They may have adjuncts (who will have spaces in their schedules over the summer) or grad students who teach low brass. You can use this time to progress in ways that would not happen if you were focussing on ensemble music (the curse of low brass playing). In this regard, a private teacher can be invaluable.

No necessarily the exclusive "curse of low brass playing". Just playing ensemble music is detrimental to any musician's growth.

Cabs, Bucs, Bush, Fusion, all within an hour or two at most. Do DCA for a summer, you may not go back...

You will play next to some VERY talented members that will gladly help you.

Donny