WAYNE BERGERON

I just received the following information on the passing of Wayne Bergeron's mother.

Wayne's mom passed away. Funeral is set for tomorrow. Here's the obit with details in case anyone wants to send condolences. There's also a place on the website to sign the guest book.

http://www.legacy.com/LBPressTelegram/Obit...sonId=106414193

FYI: Wayne Bergeron was a brass line member of the 1971 Lynwood, CA, Diplomats Jr. Drum & Bugle Corps in 1971 and went on to have nothing short of a stellar career as a professional trumpet player and solo artist.

RON HOUSLEY

If im thinking of the same Wayne Bergeron, he was a lead trumpet for Maynard ferguson for a while? is this correct. I believe he just did a concert here in maine a few days ago. My band director went to see him. No matter the loss of any drum corps parent is always a sad one.

Wayne Bergeron played lead for The Boss in 1986 and can be heard on Body and Soul, BBN, Brass Attitude, and The One and Only Maynard Ferguson. He is a great player and an awesome guy.

-Weedy

A world class musician and human in general. Wayne is the lead trumpet for Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band and as a studio musician has worked on numerous albums and movie soundtracks.

www.waynebergeron.com

www.gordongoodwin.com (there's a Wayne Bergeron interview on Gordon's site (or at least used to be).

He was only about 14 yrs. old when he played with The 1971 Lynwood, CA, Diplomats and was well regarded even then as our "go-to" high-note artist. I was completely humbled when he listed me in the "additional thanks" section of his first solo album so many years after "teaching" him in The Diplomats.

My sympathies go out to Wayne, his family and all those who knew and loved his Mom.

RON HOUSLEY

Wayne Bergeron played lead for The Boss in 1986 and can be heard on Body and Soul, BBN, Brass Attitude, and The One and Only Maynard Ferguson. He is a great player and an awesome guy.

-Weedy

Wayne played at Maynard's memorial service and was often referred to as "Waynard".

His "Braggin' rights" on recordings:

http://waynebergeron.com/discograhy.html

Movie credits:

http://waynebergeron.com/movie.html

Really. One of the nicest, most humble guys out there and as Ron stated gives much kudos to his drum corps beginnings.

Nancy