American Airlines Cancels 500 Flights on Tuesday

GEVisual

Just read that American Airlines cancelled around 500 flights on Tuesday due to mechanical concerns and indicated that more cancellations could be possible on Wednesday. Hopefully this won't affect groups as they travel to Dayton. Hope everyone travels safely for the annual pilgrimage to the holy land of color guard. Best of luck to all performing units. May we show ALL OF THEM our appreciation this weekend!

Sweet Jeebus!!!

If I were to fly out in the next couple of days, I'd be checking to see if the plane was an MD80, it looks like those are all the planes that are being grounded. . . .and yes those types of planes fly into Dayton all the time. . .

Again, if you're in a pickle. . start looking at Airports that are within an hour or so of dayton for an alternate flight. . . .all are very quick and easy drives to Dayton!!! Ugh. . .talk about a mess.

Dayton International Airport: http://www.flydayton.com

Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Int'l Airport: http://www.cvgairport.com

Columbus Airport: http://www.columbusairports.com

Indianapolis: http://www.indianapolisairport.com/

PS. . .it looks like 1 flight from DFW to DAY has been cancelled and a flight from DFW and a flight from O'Hare have been delayed en route to DAY. You can check flight status into DAY here: http://www.daytonairport.com/pages/flights.htm

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Black Gold had 8 flights on ATA and had to rebook after they went under. 3 of the 4 flights our cast and staff were on to Columbus have now been canceled. We have managed to get all flights except for mine re-booked on flights that are not MD-80's. I'm on hold now with American trying to get my flights worked out....the most important thing is that we have the kids flights taken care of.

At least this year I could watch the show on the webcast in the event that the flights don't work out - LOL!

Black Gold had 8 flights on ATA and had to rebook after they went under. 3 of the 4 flights our cast and staff were on to Columbus have now been canceled. We have managed to get all flights except for mine re-booked on flights that are not MD-80's. I'm on hold now with American trying to get my flights worked out....the most important thing is that we have the kids flights taken care of.

At least this year I could watch the show on the webcast in the event that the flights don't work out - LOL!

Oh no! Hope everything worked out!

We're flying Continental, so hoping we don't have any issues. I'm calling in a few minutes to confirm everything (hotel, car, plane)

FYI,

American Airlines Inc. canceled about 850 flights Wednesday, more than a third of its schedule. . .

Also, almost all the flights coming in to Dayton from DFW have been cancelled. However, It looks like flights from St. Louis and Chicago on American are on schedule. All flights from other airline carriers are on schedule for Dayton.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

FYI,

American Airlines Inc. canceled about 850 flights Wednesday, more than a third of its schedule. . .

Also, almost all the flights coming in to Dayton from DFW have been cancelled. However, It looks like flights from St. Louis and Chicago on American are on schedule. All flights from other airline carriers are on schedule for Dayton.

*WHEW*!! Glad we're flying out of Houston instead!

Everyone is on a flight now. I am now in Springfield, MO via American Eagle. In a moment I fly to Chicago then on to Columbus via American Eagle. Currently Black Gold has members and staff in Nashville, NYC, St. Louis, Springfield, and Denver. There is one remaining staff member in Dallas, but has a flight booked later today. I THINK we should be good to go. Always an adventure!

Everyone is on a flight now. I am now in Springfield, MO via American Eagle. In a moment I fly to Chicago then on to Columbus via American Eagle. Currently Black Gold has members and staff in Nashville, NYC, St. Louis, Springfield, and Denver. There is one remaining staff member in Dallas, but has a flight booked later today. I THINK we should be good to go. Always an adventure!

Crazy. GOOD LUCK IN DAYTON, us Texans are hard core rooting for you guys!

I fly out to Dayton tonight on American. The first leg is to Dallas on a 737, so I should be fine there. But the 2nd leg is an MD-80 to Dayton. Hopefully they're back up and running by then.

EDIT: Nope, flight was just canceled. We'll see how this works out.

Edited by kylemillerkid