SW Prelims

spinmeister

Flanagan scored 0.8 in front of Avon. Both are nearly 2 points ahead of 3rd place Center Grove. My "eyes and ears" in Dayton say that Avon' show is noticeably more demanding, especially in body work and movement - but that they did not have a good performance. Flanagan's show is less innovative, with a static flag feature at the end - and they performed very well. Can They hold the lead?

Flanagan scored 0.8 in front of Avon. Both are nearly 2 points ahead of 3rd place Center Grove. My "eyes and ears" in Dayton say that Avon' show is noticeably more demanding, especially in body work and movement - but that they did not have a good performance. Flanagan's show is less innovative, with a static flag feature at the end - and they performed very well. Can They hold the lead?

I think it's going to come down to who has the best performed show tomorrow night and who executes. I just got back from the arena, and there was no doubt that Flanagan should be in front of Avon. Avon's run was pretty rough. . .actually it's the worst run I've seen from them since the Madonna show. At least 5 drops if not more. .. . Should be interesting!!!

And Avon has no ensemble flag feature...this competition is ultimately on the backs of the kids performing the programs, not the adults who designed them. May the best colorguard win!

Flanagan's Flag Feature is awesome! :beer:

It's nice to see them in first. Hopefully they'll stay there. And props to Seminole for making it into Finals. :ninja:

Edit: Grammar

Edited by i_play_percussion

Was there a scoring error? I swear Cheshire was in 7th with an 89.0, but I just updated the scores and now it says they are in 5th with an 89.8?? Hmmmmmmm

And yes. . .both scores were after everyone had competed and had been given scores. . .bizarre

Yes, Cheshire was in 7th after all the scores were posted. I had printed out the score page. Now they are in 5th, must have been a calculating error....hmmmm???

Great job all of you World Guards, it was worth getting up at 5:30 am to watch all of you!!! :ninja:

WOW!! Center Grove almost took equiptment!! They must have been on fire!! GO GROVE!! STAY GOLD!!

Wow, I don't know what to think of Flanagan beating Avon. While I don't care for either show I think with a good run from Avon they can take it.

I've seen Flanagan's show in person a couple of times this season.

And while it might not necessarily be the type of show that I personally would design, those Flanagn kids perform it slicker than snot. (<--- And I mean that in the GOOD way...!!!)

Granted, I'm not in Dayton right now so I haven't been able to see everybody's show, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Gold Medal still is VERY MUCH up for grabs.

It could be Flanagan. It could be Avon.

It could be a tie.

All I know is I can't wait to see SW Finals on the DVD...!!!

Continued goo luck to all of this year's SW finalists...!!!

:ninja: