If you liked 19YY, You'll also like 19YY

This is an offshoot of the thread asking about what 2 Legacy DVD's people would suggest for purchase. For myself, I have slowly collected many years I knew I was interested in based on hearing snipets, seeing pieces of shows or reading over-the-top reviews offered on DCP. While I son't (nearly) own everything that is offered by DCI, I am reaching the point where my personal knowledge is covered and I struggled a bit in taking advantage of the sale this week (I bought 86 and 95).

Therefore, I thought it might be interesting to pick the collective brain at DCP on this subject. Something along the lines of , "If you liked that year, you'll also enjoy this year!"

For instance, the first legacy DVD I ever bought was 1987 as that was the first PBS show I ever had on tape. I still think it's one of the most watchable (top to bottom) of any year. So, with that premise, if I like 1987, what other years should I look at? And I would take that feedback for any year already in my personal collection that includes:

1986 (hurry up UPS)

1995 (still waiting UPS)

I have pieces of other years by nature of Countdowns, corps offerings, etc. (for instance I have the 1999 performances from BD, SCV, Scouts), but am more interested in full year recommendation. I don't wish to hog the thread, as I expect this could be an educational experience for many.

Totally Personal Opinion...

If you enjoy the 80's years that you have, then you should go ahead and pick up 1983-1985. This will allow you to see the evolution of drill from symmetrical to free-flow. Also, you should pick up 1980 on principle. Not so much for visual (except that it's VERY clean) but the shows...