Bushwackers are excited about May

The Bushwackers are excited about May. Music is the focus of winter rehearsals, and then we go outdoors when the weather improves, and May is “Putting It Together” month. Taking the show outdoors is both hard work and one of the many thrilling phases of a drumcorps season. And, Bushwackers traditionally end “Putting it Together” month with a series of Memorial Day Weekend events.

There will be a rehearsal on Saturday May 10 at our Ridgefield Park facility. The Bushwackers will NOT be rehearsing on Mother’s Day, because Moms are on that short list of people and things that are way more important than drumcorps.

There will be another important camp during the weekend of May 17th.

On Saturday May 24, we will have fun at our annual Bush Bowl-A-Thon at the end of the day, and on Sunday May 25, we will end the day with our annual “preview of the show” and BBQ for friends and family.

The Bushwackers are also excited that a new trailer to replace the one that was stolen has been ordered and is due to be delivered in June.

And, once again, the Bushwackers want to thank Surf director Bob Jacobs for helping us quickly replace stolen instruments. We could not ask for a better friend.

Please visit http://www.bushwackers.org for any and all information about Bushwackers. And, if you can come to the May 25th BBQ, be sure that there will be a great show, a ton of gratitude, and a whole bunch of good food. We hope to see you there.

Edited by The Bushwackers

Let's just say, that I was as tired just playing the music at the end of the night on Saturday with the drums as I normally am during an ensemble rehearsal.

I finally have a book I have to take home and practice!!!

Also, if you loved our tuba section in 2006 with the amount of power they put out, watch us this year with these new tubas! They are to DIE for.

On Saturday May 24, we will have fun at our annual Bush Bowl-A-Thon at the end of the day

free shoes

Let's just say, that I was as tired just playing the music at the end of the night on Saturday with the drums as I normally am during an ensemble rehearsal.

I finally have a book I have to take home and practice!!!

Also, if you loved our tuba section in 2006 with the amount of power they put out, watch us this year with these new tubas! They are to DIE for.

Same here! It seems like everyone gives every drop of energy they have into every rep. its truly amazing!

Spots are filling quickly! We have a few low brass spots left, and NOW is the time to join...our 27th anniversary has already been one to remember, and the season hasnt really started!

And those new tubas... :poke::master::devil::poke::tongue::devil::lol:

Thank you Jersey Surf!

free shoes

:worthy:

I got it, Trish.

The Bushwackers had a great weekend camp! The guard is awesome. (I counted 30+) The drumline is solid. (great #s in all sections) The hornline is far ahead of where we were at this time last year. (great balance ). If you play a brass instrument you will enjoy playing this show. Check out our website, come to our barbeque this weekend.

OK, so I know since I'm in it its going to appear that I'm blowing smoke...

BUT

In my 5 years of drum corps, I've never played a more exciting or harder book then this one.

In my 5 years of drum corps, I've never played a more exciting or harder book then this one.

i agree (but make that 7 years)

this show is demanding , but very awesome