1981 and 1980 Prelims

If anyone has a video of the Defenders from 80-82 I would pay a good price for a copy.

Dale

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My corps finished 29th in 1980 and someone here had audio tapes from the prelims.

I was both shocked and elated when I got a copy.

I also marched in 1980 with the Guardsmen in the color guard.

I would love to get a copy of it.

Can you give some info on where to get it?

Thanks

I would pay for a copy of 82 Memphis Blues as well and if Defenders is on there that would be a double bonus! :) (Even though we beat them slightly that year I still liked their show).

There were some cameras set up for '81 Prelims and Finals. Not sure if they were companies or just individual tripods.

I did acquire a DVD copy of the '81 Prelims in Montreal that included SCV, Cavies, BD, Troopers, 2-7, Crossmen, Bridgmen, Guardsmen, Garfield Cadets and Spirit. It's not the best quality since it was filmed at a high camera angle, but you can see the drill and hear the music.

I also received a copy of our '81 prelims and finals performance that our staff made.

Do you remember a certain snare drummer beimg added during the season? He went on to become a DC Legend.

My bad, wrong Guardsmen, I thought you meant the KFC Kadets.

I marched Guardsmen in 1980 (I get the KFC reference!) but we didn't add any snares in the middle of the season. Who are you referring to?

I actually own the '82 Prelims set and Audio/Video didnt sync up. Video was recorded faster then the audio track (Those who know about these videos know what Im saying)

I am looking for '81 and '80 prelims videos sets (VHS or BETA) but so far havent found anything or anyone.

Also still looking for '83 HI CAM Prelims (VHS or BETA)

JP

There were some cameras set up for '81 Prelims and Finals. Not sure if they were companies or just individual tripods.

I did acquire a DVD copy of the '81 Prelims in Montreal that included SCV, Cavies, BD, Troopers, 2-7, Crossmen, Bridgmen, Guardsmen, Garfield Cadets and Spirit. It's not the best quality since it was filmed at a high camera angle, but you can see the drill and hear the music.

I also received a copy of our '81 prelims and finals performance that our staff made.

I marched Guardsmen in 1980 (I get the KFC reference!) but we didn't add any snares in the middle of the season. Who are you referring to?

Scott Koter, who became a drum judge and lately been a creative consultant to some of the top DCI corps. he was teaching our drumline in 1980 at Finleyville, even though he was still young enough to march. He came up missing during the summer only to be found marching with Schaumburg Guardsmen snareline.

Scott Koter, who became a drum judge and lately been a creative consultant to some of the top DCI corps. he was teaching our drumline in 1980 at Finleyville, even though he was still young enough to march. He came up missing during the summer only to be found marching with Schaumburg Guardsmen snareline.

Not in 1980 he didn't. Perhaps a different year?

I actually own the '82 Prelims set and Audio/Video didnt sync up. Video was recorded faster then the audio track (Those who know about these videos know what Im saying)

I don't have that set, but knew people who did. Man, was that ever a frustrating experience! It didn't even feel worth it to watch, because musical impacts didn't line up with the visual ones. :tongue: