Designs?

Hi I am getting ready to start designing for bands in the 2009 season(not this year but next). I was wondering if ya'll can tell me what ya'll think of my designs and if im ready to design. Here are a few of my latest:

ChroniclesofNarniaGuard.png

NorthEastMarchingStormGuard.png

possibleguarduniform2.png

beethoven.png

All designs were designed on paint(it comes on your computer already :D) and I traced actual people to make the forms.

ChroniclesofNarniaGuard.png

I like the thought, but honestly the sleeves and the dress itself could pose a problem when it comes to flag, rifle and sabre work. You might want to think about starting off with a dress, then peel off part of it to have pants or capris under for those that are spinning weapons. Just a thought.

Plus, I know I'm not the only one that thinks about this....what fabric would you use as this looks like it would be incredibly heavy and HOT. Here in south Texas, it's the first thing I think about when designing uniforms.

NorthEastMarchingStormGuard.png

Again, dresses can be hard to spin in. Its really easy to get poles, rifles and sabres caught in the skirt.

possibleguarduniform2.png

I'm assuming this is to be representing a tree? Interesting design. The Woodlands 2006 BOA/2007 WGI uniforms were 'tree' like. Might be a referance.

beethoven.png

Looks like it would be an oven. Very cute for a winterguard, but again I would think about under the jacket for a change.

Just thoughts. I think your off to a good start :)

All designs were designed on paint(it comes on your computer already :D) and I traced actual people to make the forms.

Well the first design is for Chronicles of Narnia and yes the sleeves do come off during the battle part and the dress will be spaced enough for movement, the fabric will be something that is away from being hot. The Second one it is a short dress, it just doesn't look that way. The third it was a random design. The fourth...it was design in the mind frame of northern people and winterguard. Thanks for you comments and suggestions about the costumes.

• 1 month later...

Well here is one of the 15 designs I have been working on since Monday. I have been drawing in a sketchbook, scanning them, then computerizing them. Here is my best work.

BachfortheNewMilleniumGuarddrawing.png

Please tell me what you think!

Oh and yes the skirt things will not get in the way....I have seen it done really well with something to that effect.

Edited by phoenixfire

Well here is one of the 15 designs I have been working on since Monday. I have been drawing in a sketchbook, scanning them, then computerizing them. Here is my best work.

Oh and yes the skirt things will not get in the way....I have seen it done really well with something to that effect.

I really like all your designs, they are all very creative ^_^.

I too am creating flags and uniforms :) I wanna open my on online business making flags and uniforms, so maybe we can talk and you could possibly help me ? Cause im afraid im not that good.

But great job, esp. the narnia one :lookaround:

Hope nobody minds me posting a bit of my designs. Most are simple, no heavy fabrics are used.

I am still practicing creating flags and uniforms so i know they may not look the best :)

Here is where I have put a couple of designs, not all b/c my scanner is busted :(

*http://www.thepuppetmaster07.deviantart.com/gallery/

Critiques are def. welcomed ^_^

Thanks

Thanks....you have good designs...you need more though. How could I help?

It's not bad, I do like it, except a long running stripe down the body on a uniform can hinder how clean the guard looks as a whole.

Just a thought.

It's not bad, I do like it, except a long running stripe down the body on a uniform can hinder how clean the guard looks as a whole.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the comment....I just liked the way the stripe looked so thats why I put it.

The first 4 are very creative and nice for specific types of shows. My favorite would be the 5th one though. It looks very professional and with different colors could be used in many types of shows. :rolleyes: