DCP Recruiting

My daughter joined the Blue Stars in 2006 because we saw them post they had an open trumpet spot, and I have connected someone posting looking for a home with an open hole at a corps before. Recruiting can work on DCP.

That is how I ended up in Bridgemen this year! :smile:

Working with Larry Kerchner, Dennis Delucia and with Jim Jordan on the podium...

It is fullfilling a childhood dream. :smile:

I'm with Dale. My interest in the Bridgemen came from reading here on DCP, and I went down to check it out. Played tenors year #1 and snare this year (who knows where I'll be next year), and nothing beats it. From ripping through Shaft and playing THE roll with the shot to bashing out an awesome drum solo and then getting hit (musically) in My Favorite Things and all the rest of the stuff, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

And being under the instruction of Delucia, Scollin and Dubinski? As Dale said, a dream come true (and it's helped out my own teaching)!

Edited by Cadet311

And being under the instruction of Delucia, Scollin and Dubinski? As Dale said, a dream come true (and it's helped out my own teaching)!

Yep, same here. Larry, Brian and Gabe make it real! At my age and level of teaching, it is hard to go to inservices and get alot out of it, but working with Bridgemen opens up a whole new world of ideas and techniques (and warmups).

And come on, if you marched in the late 70's or early 80's, YOU WANT TO PLAY THIS MUSIC WE DO and get called to attention by the legendary Jim Jordan! :tongue:

And come on, if you marched in the late 70's or early 80's, YOU WANT TO PLAY THIS MUSIC WE DO and get called to attention by the legendary Jim Jordan! :tongue:

Or were Born in the mid 80s... :big hug:

:tongue:

Or were Born in the mid 80s... :big hug:

:doh:

Hey, I am so old that I played Old Man River with the Colts at Nationals.

I am so old (how old are you?), I am so old that I remember Phantom Regiment NOT wearing the french plume on their helmet!

:tongue: