get out and help

With the economics the way they are, now is a good time to help out all of the corps as they travel across the nation,

here are a few things you can do.

1- help corps traveling thru your city/area, contact them to volunteer for a day helping in the food preparation, help them run errands to the store,

check DCI tour schedule for locations and corps coming to a town near you, then contact the corps and volunteer to help.

2- Buy souvenir stuff.....its going to cost each corps about $200.00 a day in fuel for their souvi trailer to travel from one city to another, the actual fuel cost probably will be double what it was last year, so make sure you support ALL corps...buy stuff....

3- send them money...mail them a check, every little bit helps.

4- gather your spare change each day, from now one, then when you go to a show, give to any corps, put it in their collection can for gas.

I'll volunteer:

My son is marching Madison this year, so he won't be anywhere near our home state (California) all summer. I'll be seeing him at Madison, San Antonio and Indy and will help out where I can.

Need help for the July 4 event in Pasadena, CA?

If any of the corps participating in the July 4 competition at the Pasadena Rose Bowl need help from the "locals", let me know. I know that Pacific Crest has plenty of local support, so anyone from Blue Devils, Phantom, Vanguard or Academy - let me know if I can help you out while you're in our area. I won't be here the weekend of June 28 (I'll be in Madison), but will be here for the days before/after the July 4 event. You can PM me.

Linda

Edited by Linda Slocum

Linda (and any others):

It's more likely you'll be able to help if you go to the corps website and volunteer directly. I doubt their volunteer coordinators are going to be scanning threads looking for volunteers! I'm offering my services to the Troopers for a few days in July. (with my 4.5 year old daughter, which should be interesting)

I helped the Colts secure housing on July 8th by putting them in touch with a local band director who is drum corps friendly. I plan to go over that day and make myself available to help run errands as needed by support staff, drivers, and instructors. Of course I'm also planning to get my almost three year old daughter over to watch some of the rehearsal too. I want her to have the same opportunity to fall in love with the activity that I did.......and that means exposing her in a setting where she can whirl and squeal in delight (from a safe distance) without disturbing folks who have paid $20.00 a seat to watch the show.