The Official 2008 Teal Sound discussion thread!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me reassure you all that this is just a small bump in our road. We will come back from it and the people will rejoice. :-)

I guarantee it!

WE WILL FEAST!!

As for 7-point gaps...Randy, if you read this, be encouraged. We started off 92 about 7.something behind Spirit in Clearwater and by mid-season caught them and never looked back. We didn't have our show on the field early season and made a bunch of changes. No biggie! And like Teal, we were young--mostly high school recent grads and such. Didn't have a clue in the world the difference between MB and DC.

"The Fool" will take care of that when he rears his head...God have mercy on the members when THAT happens!

As for this "little" 7-point spread, remember folks that we are talking about an organization that has NEVER fielded this big an ensemble. 140 is huge! That's a LOT of cleaning on a LOT more feet/chops/etc than they've ever had to do before. Shoot, staff is relatively young, too, and having to get used to such a large corps. They'll get there, but it takes time.

They've got the caption heads to be the next Carolina Crown, and the membership impressed me in May when I was down there. Not August BD impressed, mind you. But pre-season, OC, 140-member impressed. This is a corps/organization headed in the right direction.

And did I mention the cooking staff??? These guys can COOK! Just sayin...

Teal pulled a 73.150 in Georgia last night. I have to say that is an encouraging number for them. To have been mired under 70 for the first several shows this was a significant jump. Keep up the good work, Teal. Those of us that are fans are behind you 100% and know that you are working very hard to keep moving up the sheets. "Nothing Else Matters".

D

Teal pulled a 73.150 in Georgia last night. I have to say that is an encouraging number for them. To have been mired under 70 for the first several shows this was a significant jump. Keep up the good work, Teal. Those of us that are fans are behind you 100% and know that you are working very hard to keep moving up the sheets. "Nothing Else Matters".

D

I knew it! I knew they would get a leap like this. And I think this happened this late in the season last year as well. Orlando is gonna ROCK!!

I knew it! I knew they would get a leap like this. And I think this happened this late in the season last year as well. Orlando is gonna ROCK!!

The suspense will grow, as the DCI schedule shows that BDB and Surf have no shows until the 19th. Even then, none of the 3 corps will meet head-to-head until Dayton OH, a few days before prelims. An interesting year to watch Open Class! And there are still a few corps who aren't on the road yet.

Pass the popcorn! :tongue:

Edited by EndzoneEric

Keep going strong, Teal!! I'm hoping to see you guys at the Salem, VA show. What kind of horns are you guys using now?

19 hours til show time