[becoming a CG] seek for advise - Shopping for beginner

yashiharu

6 foot aluminum poles

silk should measure 36" x 52" when finished - use poly china silk fabric

Rifles - use King rifles 36" are GREAT for starting off, 39" is good too. These are weighted wonderfully!

WGI videos are the best!

I'd say 38" by 56", and go with Premier Rifles... but that's me.

You're going to get lots of different opinions from lots of different people about what you should or shouldn't do. The best thing I can say is try to get someone in your area who already has colorguard experience involved with your group. It will help tremendously.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 foot aluminum poles

silk should measure 36" x 52" when finished - use poly china silk fabric

Rifles - use King rifles 36" are GREAT for starting off, 39" is good too. These are weighted wonderfully!

WGI videos are the best!

i think i will buy all 8 DVDs from WGI at the same time~

becoz the super ultra expensive shipping fee ... :laughing:

I'd say 38" by 56", and go with Premier Rifles... but that's me.

You're going to get lots of different opinions from lots of different people about what you should or shouldn't do. The best thing I can say is try to get someone in your area who already has colorguard experience involved with your group. It will help tremendously.

about the rifle, should we focus on a better protection one?

kings & premier seems have to rubber end

The "rubber end" on a rifle is not going to protect anything but the floor. You have to use strapping tape and electrical tape to reinforce the rifle against breakage. Most manufacurer's provide information on how to best tape your rifle.

Kings will not be as heavy as Premier's, but both are outstanding products.

Are you *sure* you don't have any companies in your country? I assume you have done your research, but you never know.

If you can make a pattern, you can MAKE your own flags. 1" diameter aluminum pipe in a 6 foot length can be a pole. Crutch tips can be the stoppers. a piece of polysilk with a sleeve that is 36" and a length that is around 52" can be a silk.

It's the rifles and sabres that you would have to find somewhere to buy from.

I would do some serious searching before I bought overseas. The wait from customs could be terrible!

Are you *sure* you don't have any companies in your country? I assume you have done your research, but you never know.

If you can make a pattern, you can MAKE your own flags. 1" diameter aluminum pipe in a 6 foot length can be a pole. Crutch tips can be the stoppers. a piece of polysilk with a sleeve that is 36" and a length that is around 52" can be a silk.

It's the rifles and sabres that you would have to find somewhere to buy from.

I would do some serious searching before I bought overseas. The wait from customs could be terrible!

i am very sure~

since i've 1st order a rifle from USA serval years ago~

thank you for the informations~ it helps a lot~ :hmmm:

and i've got replys from the companys, a better price now~

PS: i've just receive the 3 SET DVD from WGI~ it's great for me~