WILDWOOD PICS FROM TheWildwoodsReporter.com

If you're referring to the update to the Bucs uniform, we wanted to try a slightly different feel but retain the basic look of the uniform (which we're very happy with, by the way -- here's my plug for the fine folks at Stanbury! :angry: ). Notice also that the bushy blue plume has been replaced by the narrower black ostrich plume. The intent was to give a more tapered look. Plus, it's just a different twist on the uniform that we hope will be visually pleasing. Whether the black is better than the silver is obviously a matter of opinion, but we're happy with them so far!

I don't think the effect of the black baldric was totally realized in Wildwood since it was still light out and we weren't really under stadium lights. We certainly had that setting in mind when making the descision.

I think it looks great. The black plume is a great decision, given I only saw pictures, it's probably less distracting when you look at the drill from way up there in the stands. I like the dark sash too, makes the blue pop even more.

Good calls! :laughing:

The cab guard unis are kinda like a combination of a ninja movie with...erm...fear and loathing in las vegas.

I like em though. They are different from the norm. The show concept is pretty cool too. Looking forward to seeing your show again.

Thom, speaking for CrossmenXtreme, thank you very much for the photos.

I never get tired of viewing shots of performers in their element..........and I got to meet Jeff Zehner later. Now we both can put a face to the name. Too bad you didn't get a shot of the resplendent Fran in the box.

J

"Thanks A Billion":

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU for taking the time to post all those teriffic "Action" shots. :angry:

Elphaba

Too bad you didn't get a shot of the resplendent Fran in the box.

:thumbup::angry::laughing::thumbup:

Fran

Thom, speaking for CrossmenXtreme, thank you very much for the photos.

I never get tired of viewing shots of performers in their element..........and I got to meet Jeff Zehner later. Now we both can put a face to the name. Too bad you didn't get a shot of the resplendent Fran in the box.

J

Jim - I agree. As you can tell from my corps photography, I prefer candid action shots of the performers, as close as I can get. I want to see the expressions on their faces. I want to experience the blood, sweat, and tears they put into a show. As well as all the love and joy. This kind of corps photography is a lot more pleasing to me than the standard drill shots from the stands.

Although, all us older guys have to admit we were all raised on those great Moe Knox photos of classic drills and formations. I particularly loved Garfield's Peace Sign, Blue Rock's Baby Elephant, Casper's sunburst, Santa Clara's Bottle Dance, and Phantom's "Rockford File."

Oh, and I bought my share of Moe's senior corps photos, too. Maybe I should have been a photographer back in the 60's and 70's when photography actually sold.

Take care - Thom

Jim - I agree. As you can tell from my corps photography, I prefer candid action shots of the performers, as close as I can get. I want to see the expressions on their faces. I want to experience the blood, sweat, and tears they put into a show. As well as all the love and joy. This kind of corps photography is a lot more pleasing to me than the standard drill shots from the stands.

Although, all us older guys have to admit we were all raised on those great Moe Knox photos of classic drills and formations. I particularly loved Garfield's Peace Sign, Blue Rock's Baby Elephant, Casper's sunburst, Santa Clara's Bottle Dance, and Phantom's "Rockford File."

Oh, and I bought my share of Moe's senior corps photos, too. Maybe I should have been a photographer back in the 60's and 70's when photography actually sold.

Take care - Thom

Everyone HAS TO SEE Cabs' guard unis...

That is officially going into the marketing materials for the Rochester Show July 5th.

Along with "C'mon man, we've got 150 Alumni AllStar Horns doin' one more gig for the old man."