Anyone using "Apple TV" and DCI Fan Network downloads togeth

I'm a big fan of the Apple TV. If you don't know much about it, you might want to take the time to check it out. It's my favorite piece of tech gear ever.

And that really says something as I have a LOT of gear.

Anywho, anyone here using Apple TV to display their downloads from the DCI Fan Network?

I know that the resolution on the DCI FN vids is NOT HD(even at 720p), but I'm thinking it might be tolerable(ie like a decent VHS quality copy).

Anyone care to chime-in?

Edited by ross102591

I have every DCI corps from '74-'06 in iTunes ... most of them transferred to my Apple TV!

Francesca and I had a BBQ here before the Stockton show ... everyone got to pick their favorite corps and year!

The quality is equivalent to the source quality ... which means very poor in '74 to very decent in '06. I can't wait until everything is in HD! (BTW, when we shoot BlueView, field shots, etc. in BD, it's all in HD, and we have to downsize for the DCI FN / Brightcove.)

Edited by Jeff DeMello

I'm in the process of building a media center solution, with all content ripped from DVDs or purchase and stored on drives, but I think I'm going to go with the Mac Mini with Front Row as a base over the Apple TV, simply because the Mac Mini allows for more options. I don't think it's possible to watch the live DCI webcasts on an Apple TV, but it's pretty easy with a Mac Mini. Last night I just hooked my laptop up to the HDTV, cranked the sound to 11 and let 'er rip.

Edited by Hrothgar15