Spartans

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that these threads start to go away, and someone has to bring back old topics that are not going to make this organization any better?

It has been all winter that speculation has been they are going to be ok and defend their title. Well it is not happening, so please leave them alone, they have enough problems, without all these negatives, and the only ones getting hurt are the kids. The admin has totally screwed up and they can live with it, leave the kids alone.

Why is it that these threads start to go away, and someone has to bring back old topics that are not going to make this organization any better?

It has been all winter that speculation has been they are going to be ok and defend their title. Well it is not happening, so please leave them alone, they have enough problems, without all these negatives, and the only ones getting hurt are the kids. The admin has totally screwed up and they can live with it, leave the kids alone.

People like to talk, and believe it or not the things that are discussed on this message board or any will not always be positive.

Now saying that. It makes me sad to see what happened to Spartans, and I do feel bad for the students that thought they were going to have a "different" experience then they are having. But like you said the only people to blame is the administration, and if i was a member of the Spartans i would be very upset.

Well excuse us for asking. Sheeeeeeeeeesh. I, like the original poster, somehow missed the fact that there had been issues with the Spartans and that they were having troubles. I've been getting the scores every day via email and was shocked to see Spartans so low. And so, I wanted to know as well what was going on. And discussing something on an online discussion group has no bearing whatsoever on whether an organization will get better or worse.

Edited by Ryan H. Turner

Spartan's carpet has a BIG lump in the middle.

I've read all the posts pertaining, and the reasons for their "rebirth" have never been explained in enough detail to prevent people from continuing to discuss it.

Going from last year World Champion and perennial top3 to what they are now is big news to those who support this activity.

People who want this activity to continue and be strong should know what caused this major organizational shift, if only to learn how to prevent it from happening to others.

Its a little insulting, frankly, to have supported the activity so closely and then all of a sudden be told its "none of my business".

Spartan's carpet has a BIG lump in the middle.

I've read all the posts pertaining, and the reasons for their "rebirth" have never been explained in enough detail to prevent people from continuing to discuss it.

Going from last year World Champion and perennial top3 to what they are now is big news to those who support this activity.

People who want this activity to continue and be strong should know what caused this major organizational shift, if only to learn how to prevent it from happening to others.

Its a little insulting, frankly, to have supported the activity so closely and then all of a sudden be told its "none of my business".

Amen!!

Amen. Let's get back to what really matters- the kids. Although, I had my first taste of what everyone has been talking about last night. I have been going to the Nashua show for years, and thought my 6 year old son would enjoy his first show last night $20 for a six year old?! That made me really wonder if its true that the organization has forgotten about the kids. With things like that, no wonder the activity is hurting!

On a positive note, Congrats to all the kids who tried their best last night!

Edited by bryguy

I think that a lot of things that are wrong with drum corps are in this thread; not on fields.

Sometimes organizations go through turbulence. Everyone would do well to focus on more interesting things than the plights of a group having an off year.

I realize that a lot of people have never taught, marched, or thought at a high level, and don't really understand things they ought or profess to.

Get out of the gutter; remember what this stuff is about.

Edited by yodelingzeke