Last year it seemed more competitive that this year

I can't totally agree with your statement since I have a dog in that fight, but I agree with the last part for sure. I never used to be all that interested in the competition for semis and the last finals few finals spots, but that's changed over the last few years. Some of that is due to an increase in design and achievement, but I agree that the drama and excitement for those corps in the "lower half" of WC is almost more compelling than those in the "top half."

who cares about the other 6...

Just kidding. you're right about that. It's a dog race for the 5 spots in finals. Looks like the real competition is making finals.

Based on the most recent scores, and depending on how willing you are to allow for different scores/locations/panels, etc., the race even for the top spots just got a lot closer. If you look at the current score rankings, you'd see a pretty tight race between, 3-5, 6-8, 9-16, and 17-19. And The Cavaliers aren't SO far ahead in 2nd right now to not be included as part of the 3-5 discussion, meaning there could be a lot of potential flip flopping from 1-5, 6-8, 9-16, etc.

It seemed like 6 corps were within 3 pts of each other early in 2007 than this year. Bcoats are 4-5 point behind Cavies. Crown had beated Cadets early in 2007 but not in 08. SCV had beaten BD early in 2007 but are about 2 pts behind now. Looks like the top 3 are STILL dominated the field. I really was expecting alot more closer scores this year at this point. It's early but the stronger only get stronger.

The only difference I see this year is that bloo isnt in the hunt for top 3. We havent seen a corps like phantom or scv go up against most of the top 3 yet, so im not worried about that. We will have a more interesting fight, and a much better battle for the 7 8 9 spots, which were static last year...

I can't totally agree with your statement since I have a dog in that fight, but I agree with the last part for sure. I never used to be all that interested in the competition for semis and the last finals few finals spots, but that's changed over the last few years. Some of that is due to an increase in design and achievement, but I agree that the drama and excitement for those corps in the "lower half" of WC is almost more compelling than those in the "top half."

And the *really* cool thing is that, and this is my honest opinion, I think the top 12 overall is getting better. Heck, even 19th-13th is getting so much better. So it really is become a competition for 9th-12th place because any of the 9-12 spots *could* drop to 13th-16th in a matter of a few shows, its that close.

Are you sure about that?

Beated them good. *shrug*