So I just watched Cavaliers 2000 again

####, this show is still hot. Been 8 years and I still love it just as much as the first time I saw it. If they still played loud, ####. It would be hard not to love them.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know, there is this musical thingy related to volume level and it looks like this. FFF. Some people seem to think it's ok to have a hornline that is incapable of reaching FFF, as long as the justification is that they always play musically. Well guess what, when you have numerous other hornlines in DCI playing FFF AND being musical with good tone and what not, it just illustrates that Cavies are missing an important element of music, and really with no excuse.

Edited by BozzlyB

Ya know, there is this musical thingy related to volume level and it looks like this. FFF. Some people seem to think it's ok to have a hornline that is incapable of reaching FFF, as long as the justification is that they always play musically. Well guess what, when you have numerous other hornlines in DCI playing FFF AND being musical with good tone and what not, it just illustrates that Cavies are missing an important element of music, and really with no excuse.

They can play however the hell they want, buddy

The Cavaliers play just fine, there's more to music than being yelled at

Right, and I love that style of playing when I go see the Dallas Wind Ensemble.

When I go see drum corps though, I want them to rip my face off.

I thought Cavaliers 2000 was as close to a perfect show as I have seen. I thought musically it was extremely well written. I don't think I would've changed anything about this show. I always like the Cavaliers arrangements, as there is a wider variance of volumes.

it's just like this year, there isn't as much Triple Forte as some other corps, but the quality of their sound is much better than most of those corps.