Marching While Playing

Don't care.

Don't read.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't read.

I'll do what I wish, thanks. In order to decide that I don't care about this, I decided to read it. That's kinda how these things work. I read, I decide for myself, I respond, or I don't.

Don't care. Sorry. But thanks for letting me reiterate my opinion. :)

I don't think you can quantify the number of seconds of "playing" without looking also at the complexity of the playing. A long discordant note (like the Cavaliers sound effects) is much easier to pull off while on the move than a more complicated section of music. Interesting stats, but they don't tell the whole story.

Exactly.

I think it's a valid discussion, but until someone can find a way to account for not only time spent playing and marching simultaneously, but also step size, number of steps, velocity, complexity of music, number of members playing, etc. then we can't truly make any real judgments.

Exactly.

I think it's a valid discussion, but until someone can find a way to account for not only time spent playing and marching simultaneously, but also step size, number of steps, velocity, complexity of music, number of members playing, etc. then we can't truly make any real judgments.

Of course. Its just one statistic, and one way of looking at things. If someone else did the work, they would probably come up with different results anyway. It still makes for interesting discussion...

I don't think you can quantify the number of seconds of "playing" without looking also at the complexity of the playing. A long discordant note (like the Cavaliers sound effects) is much easier to pull off while on the move than a more complicated section of music. Interesting stats, but they don't tell the whole story.

Not necessarily... playing a sustained pitch (and keeping the feet out of the sound) while jazz running is much more demanding than playing eighth or sixteenth note figures while marching 8-5 or smaller.

Not necessarily... playing a sustained pitch (and keeping the feet out of the sound) while jazz running is much more demanding than playing eighth or sixteenth note figures while marching 8-5 or smaller.

True...but i dont think jazz running was part of the equation. Just about any playing is harder when jazz running (although i didnt particularly mind it...sometimes its easier than marching :laughing: )

:worthy:

True...but i dont think jazz running was part of the equation. Just about any playing is harder when jazz running (although i didnt particularly mind it...sometimes its easier than marching :laughing: )

:worthy:

Right, I'm just saying you gotta look at both, not just the marching, not just the music :worthy:

Right, I'm just saying you gotta look at both, not just the marching, not just the music :worthy:

no way...thats too complicated. Lets just make some more generalizations that have a 75% chance of being halfway true

:laughing:

Edited by salad315

no way...thats too complicated. Lets just make some more generalizations that have a 75% chance of being halfway true

:laughing:

Heh heh...