more photos from Stanford

Here's my yearly post :-p

Press Box View from the Stanford show...

www.perc-photos.com/DCI-West08

Enjoy...

Did you even get to enjoy the shows? So many pictures snapped!

Thanks for the pictures though.

Ya I am the master of multi tasking :)

glad you enjoyed them

Edited by malletphreak

Wow! You must have had that camera up to your eye during the entire show.

Thank you for all of the photos.

I liked BDs new uniforms, especially the white. And I think the shimmering red in Vanguards new jackets looks great up close.

Phantom and Vanguards' guards are just so dark (costume) this year. They seriously blend in to the field.

WOW!! THESE ARE FANTASMIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for those wonderful photos, Wendy! My daughter wasn't able to march the first couple of shows this season, due to an ankle sprain, so Stanford was only the second time, and perhaps last, I saw her march this year. Being able to see her in several of your shots of BD (baritone) was great for me. Every year I copy and paste all the reviews and scores into word document files, pasting in photos I find here and there, and then combine them all into one huge document which I print, adding in page numbers and a table of contents, then have spiral bound to give her when she comes home from tour. Being able to plug in the photos people are kind enough to share during the season from various shows really makes the finished product that much more interesting and professional looking. This is her ageout year, so the photos are going to be even more cherished, since I know there will be no more in the future. :( I'm sure I'm not alone when I say thank you to all those who spend time and effort taking photos at the shows, and then for sharing them with the rest of us. I take just as many photos as you do, but my camera isn't as nice, and I just can't get the closeups or clarity that some of you can.

Oh, and thank you again for sharing those wonderful two high resolution photos of SCV last year (the exclamation point and the cymbals' "viper"). Although I never got a chance to see them printed up for their corps' memory "wall" they posted at their corps housing for finals week, I heard they turned out great, and the kids and parents really enjoyed them.

A great mess of photos indeed!

Moving to the proper forum...