Indoor Shows

The sound in the Georgia Dome for the Atlanta Regional isn't so bad....although I have not sat up in the Upper Level before for this show. But the sound in the Lower Level and Club Level isn't bad. And it doesn't hurt to be in the A/C in late July in Atlanta :thumbup:

It doesn't sound bad at all on the upper level either. However, it is not NEAR as loud as it is on the club and lower.

Well, I'm the guy that started the "RCA DOME SPELLS DOOM FOR DCI" thread, so now you know how I feel about domes. (And yes, I was corrected by the masses that the new place is Lucas Oil)

I have seen shows at both Alamo Dome and RCA Dome and the Alamo dome is better by far in my opinion. I thought the RCA was horrible (very echoey ((sp?))) and couldn't hear the softer dynamics at all.

The upside is you'll never have a rainout and it's more comfortable for all involved. But like a sports purist, you want to breathe the outside air and have the sun on your face as you listen to the kids play their hearts out, at least that's what I would like.

Corrected spelling and grammar so people will understand what you are talking about.

I have only been to the San Antonio show. I don't mind the echo - I actually like it after a big in your face hit.

The benefits of being inside with Air Conditioning far outweigh any possible negatives because of the roof.

Hehe, I was just trying to see how fast someone would point out the errors in my writing. I'm glad everyone (or most of you) understood what I was trying to ask.

I think you need more sleep.

Even though the grammar in the first post was horrible, it was not the result of sleep deprivation or insomnia; however, you're right, I DO need more sleep. :lol: :lol: :wub::lol::wub:

Back on topic, someone said something about hearing ticks/stick outs more in indoor shows. I would have to agree and I don't think I'd like that very much. I tend to shudder when I hear an exposed error. Also, I believe someone else said that for indoor shows, the "cheap seats" are relatively worse to outdoor shows. Does anyone else feel that way?

I've been both a performer and a spectator in every major dome that DCI uses and I hate them.

I enjoyed The Cadets 2007 show but the first time I saw it was in the Georgia Dome and it practically ruined it for me. The voices echoed so much it made everything almost impossible to really enjoy. The echo without voices isn't as bad but I'd still prefer an outdoor stadium.

As a performer it depends on what dome you were in. The RCA Dome was horrible, probably the worst I've ever marched in. However, The Alamo Dome isn't that bad at all.

I definitely prefer an outdoor stadium. The sound is better plus there is just something I find awesome about performing outside under stars and stadium lights.

As for Lucas Oil, it being a dome shouldn't matter because the sides and top open up so echo shouldn't be a problem.