NEW CORPS !Magic of Mobile Drum and Bugle Corps

Hi Everyone at DCP!!!

My name is Will Talaba I am the Percussion Caption Head for the: Magic of Mobile Drum and Bugle Corps. We are a brand new open class competitive corps for the 2009 DCI season.

Heres what we need.

Are you an Percussion Instructor, tech,or visual expert?

Tech Positions open in the Snare, Tenor, Bass , Cymbals and Front Ensemble, percussion visual designer. I want to open this oppertunity up to all instructors and teachers as the opportunity is some times hard to come by. So if you are with Competitive Marcing Band/DCI/Indoor Drumline teaching experiance contact will.talaba@magicofmobile.org to set up an interview.

Here is the line we are planning on having is 2009

All positions are open and avaliable so please spread the word!

Be apart of a new tradition!!!!

8 Snares

5 Tenors

5 Basses

12 Front Ensmble (Pit)

For More info check out our new web site: www.magicofmobile.org

Thanks and Lets make this first season outstanding!!

Will Talaba

Magic of Mobile Percussion Caption Head

Edited by WTalaba

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are a brand new open class competitive corps for the 2009 DCI season.

Congrats to the entire crew down there in Mobile! Have you already gone through the evaluation process with DCI? It's a surprise that we haven't heard about this before!

Will you be doing any recruiting at events this year?

Hello All..

My name is John Dunnam and I am the Corps Director for Magic of Mobile. We are a newly formed group petitioning for tour status for 2009.

We have been very successful as to have acquired endorsements from Dyansty USA and Vic Firth.

We have an awesome show planned for the 2009 season.

Looking forward to making our move to world class as soon as we possibly can.

If you would like more information on Magic of Mobile, Please feel free to visit our web site.

http://magicofmobile.org

Sincerly,

John Dunnam

Corps Director

Magic of Mobile

Come say Hi! Check out our booth at the Sparks in the Park DCI Event on July 24th. Pick up the latest flyers and info on auditions. Also get the latest Magic of Mobile Grear! Hope to see you there.

Will Talaba

Magic of Mobile Drum and Bugle Corps Caption Head

Edited by WTalaba

Our Assistant Guard Caption Head will be at the Lafayette, LA show with information and @ the Houston, TX show with information. Please make it out to one of these events to get information on our group.

We are also probably going to be @ DCI Atlanta on the 26th also.

I'm definitely not trying to be Mr. Negative, because I would love to see this happen, but there are a couple of red flags for me....

1) If you are going to be endorsed by Dynasty and Vic Firth, shouldn't they be the ones to announce their endorsement?

2) I think setting a goal of eventually going world class is admirable, but should you focus first on putting a corps on the field? Baby steps are key, and many corps have folded by trying to move too quickly.

3) I understand that you don't have to be a certain age to relay quality information to students, but as a band director, I'm a little uncomfortable with the thought of sending my students on the road with such a young instructional staff. I believe that people under 21 should be marching during the summers, not teaching.

I wish you all the luck in the world. The South supplied the greatest drum corps crowds I ever heard back in the '80s and '90s and some of the great all-time corps as well. Hope you guys continue in that proud tradition and experience nothing but success. The PR part, the announcements, timing, and when and how to do it, will come with time, along with (hopefully) loads of triumph. All the best.

Goldingna,

Thank you for your interest in Magic of Mobile Drum and Bugle Corps. I am happy that you are interested in the well beging of this new endevor. We thank you for your concern and will consider your topics posted. I can assure you all of our staff is 21 years or older. We are assembling a staff of confident, educated, and knowlegable individuals. We hope that everyone understands what we are trying to do is very difficult and takes time. We also ask that you stay posted via our web site www.magicofmobile.org and show your support to a new tradition.

We have been very successful as to have acquired endorsements from Dyansty USA and Vic Firth.

A point of order that has driven me nuts for years, as I've listened to countless drum corps people talk... fresh from my business law prof. way back in the day.

The endorsee is the party GETTING the endorsement (the manufacturer of the product being promoted).

The endorser is the party GIVING the endorsement (the person/team using the product).

The essence of the relationship in most cases is that "promotional consideration" is given to the endorsing party in return for positive endorsement of the product. So.. when Prince Fielder picks up his Louisville Slugger C271, he is endorsing a bat manufactured by Hillerich & Bradsby. Louisville Slugger, on the other hand, is the endorsee.

:wub: