How about some love for The Dark Knights?

I've seen a lot of cheer threads for various corps and I wanted to get one going for BK.Their show may not be everyones cup of tea, but their performance level is great!!! The way that they've cleaned and improved after the 4th is spectacular. I have no doubt that they can catch a few corps ahead of them and I can't wait to see them again at the end of the week!!! I am so proud of the organization and the performance level of the corps and just want to give a big shout out to BK!!! GET EVIL BABY!!!! :tongue: WAY TO GO BLUE KNIGHTS!!!!!! :bluedevil:

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

I've seen a lot of cheer threads for various corps and I wanted to get one going for BK.Their show may not be everyones cup of tea, but their performance level is great!!! The way that they've cleaned and improved after the 4th is spectacular. I have no doubt that they can catch a few corps ahead of them and I can't wait to see them again at the end of the week!!! I am so proud of the organization and the performance level of the corps and just want to give a big shout out to BK!!! GET EVIL BABY!!!! :laugh: WAY TO GO BLUE KNIGHTS!!!!!! :bluedevil:

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Thanks for starting a cheer thread!

A special holler to our Legacy HS kids (attending and graduated): Josh, Brendon, Kelsey, Ryan, Nick, and Melody! Lightning turned Knights ROCK THE STADIUM! :tongue:

Here's to hoping they bring back the battery yell in the hail storm, "We make it rain!" ~ pretty please ~

Here's a toast to all the Awesome Alumni that made the new unis possible this year! :worthy:

Here's a hat tip to the artist of the hand-painted silk flags when the rainbow covers the field in Amazing Grace; it makes me tear up everytime.

SHOW NOTES

Blue Knights Presents: "Knight Reign"

Musical Selections:

Cloudburst by Eric Whitacre

Turbine by John Makey

Jeux D’eau by Maurice Ravel

Amazing Grace arr. by Russ Newbury and Jeff Ausdemore

Design Staff

Rob Billings – Artistic Director, Visual Design

Russ Newbury – Brass Arrangements

Jeff Ausdemore – Percussion Arrangements

Program Notes:

Blue Knights proudly celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the corps’ organization this year, remembering all the great years as well as the challenges that preceded the Blue Knights of today.

Some years were more fun than others, and some years were downright scary. In retrospect, it’s a wonder the corps survived some of the more challenging difficulties placed in its way during its half century of evolution. But the roadblocks of the past instilled in the corps a grit and determination to move forward, stronger and more focused on the future.

Everything in the corps’ past—the triumphs and the letdowns—comes together in the corps’ 2008 show, “Knight Reign.” The show celebrates the glory and the adversity that has molded the personality and fortitude of the corps over the years.

The reign of the corps, reflected in the title, is poetically reflected in the sound and visual representation of rain. A play on words…yes…but one that is most appropriate to convey the meaning of the theme. If it’s true that into every life a little rain must fall, then no “reign” is truly complete without a little “rain.”

The guard opens the show to the sound of rain in Eric Whitacre’s “Cloudburst,” conveying a visual representation of the falling rain heard in the music. John Mackey’s “Turbine” floods the field in a deluge of power unleashed by the brass line, the storm front a vortex of resonating tornado effects.

Through any storm that we persevere, whether real as in weather or metaphorical as in life’s challenges, we ultimately celebrate the joy we find in our survival. This is heard in Maurice Ravel’s “Jeux D’eau,” literally translated as “laughing rain.” We realize we’re full of life’s greatest gift, life itself; and thus we laugh at the confrontations of the past and move on.

With hope and anticipation for the future, the commemoration of what has transpired and what is to come culminates with a fresh take on the tradition hymn tune, “Amazing Grace,” full of percussive grandeur that beats into our soul the very promise of a brighter tomorrow.

Before the show ends, you’ll sense the sun breaking through any remaining storm clouds to uplift our souls and light the way to the corp's next fifty years.

• 4 weeks later...
I've seen a lot of cheer threads for various corps and I wanted to get one going for BK.Their show may not be everyones cup of tea, but their performance level is great!!! The way that they've cleaned and improved after the 4th is spectacular. I have no doubt that they can catch a few corps ahead of them and I can't wait to see them again at the end of the week!!! I am so proud of the organization and the performance level of the corps and just want to give a big shout out to BK!!! GET EVIL BABY!!!! :smile: WAY TO GO BLUE KNIGHTS!!!!!! :tongue:

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Here's a shout out for our Knights on Quarterfinals day!!!

blue knights are playing cloudburst? wow, i didnt hear that in there anywhere.

Yeah, cloudburst is the intro this year

Go Get Em Tonight BK!!!! Perform your hearts out and Bring the Reign!! GET EVIL BABY!!! :tongue: Go Chris and Brittany, I am so proud of you guys. Have the experience of a lifetime this weekend!!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

GO BK! Tonight is when they light themselves on fire! :tongue: