FirstBEAT Shortened Due To Lightning

Carolina Crown sincerely regrets the early termination of our July 9th FirstBEAT event due to weather-related safety concerns for both the young participants and our fans. Drum Corps International's weather policy was strictly adhered to in making this decision due to the severe lightning in the area.As clearly indicated...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...6&Itemid=28

Carolina Crown sincerely regrets the early termination of our July 9th FirstBEAT event due to weather-related safety concerns for both the young participants and our fans. Drum Corps International's weather policy was strictly adhered to in making this decision due to the severe lightning in the area.As clearly indicated...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...6&Itemid=28

Bummer, but no one wants to see anyone zapped.

unless, of course, it might increase the score and be taken into consideration as GE

Rainouts (or lightning outs) suck but when you're on tour there is always a show the next night or the night after that. When you're a fan planning to see only one or two (or three maybe) shows all summer, a rainout really ruins your fanhood.

I will say that Carolina Crown sponsored events seem to get rained out or turned in to just standstills more often than other corps sponsored events I'm aware of......just that the weather in the Carolinas can be unpredictable in July and August. I've made three or four 'donations' to Carolina Crown in the form of tickets to rain shortened, rain delayed, or rain cancelled shows now. It's gotten to the point that I won't buy advance tickets to a Crown event but will take my chances day of the show if the weather doesn't look too threatening or if there are a couple of particular corps I want to see.

Of course this policy came up short in Columbia this year too.

Edited by notelvis

unless, of course, it might increase the score and be taken into consideration as GE

I don't thinking the use of lighting is legal in DCI yet... :thumbup: Great idea though!

Yeah, we've been having grody weather around here lately.

I don't thinking the use of lighting is legal in DCI yet... :thumbup: Great idea though!

It will be in the rule changes soon... :smile:

It will be in the rule changes soon... :smile:

Yes!!!

*looks at Hoppy :thumbup::ohmy: *

Here's a picture I shot of Kiwanis in 1996, at the Tulsa, Okla., show at Union High School.

Talk about too close for comfort...

2430297660032437388EQPzuI_th.jpg

(Click on the thumbnail for full size photo)

Maybe I should have posted it as a "Caption This Photo".

I miss Kiwanis - they were always so fun!