Bushwackers Roll Into This Weekend

The summer season is well underway now, and after a slower start than usual, the Bushwackers are finally finding our groove with our 2008 production "Gypsodic!".

This past weekend in Clifton proved that the corps can and will continue to compete with the best corps in DCA. Once again, the Bush guard will be competing for top honors at the DCA Championships, and a recent surge of experienced recruits has helped fill the last brass and percussion spots. At this time the brass line still has two or three spots to fill, and the percussion battery has still has one tenor spot to fill, but the show that our designers envisioned is starting to grow into what we planned: a unique show that is fun and interesting and 100% “drumcorps”…..and filled with the quality that people have come to expect from the Bushwackers.

The corps welcomed Bill "Woody" Woodward to the percussion staff this past weekend. Bill is a long-time Bushwackers performer and teacher who is well known for his work with drumcorps, bands, and indoor groups. We are thrilled to have him working with us again this season.

Also new this past weekend for the corps was the new 32-foot trailer custom built for us by All Pro West of Mechanicsburg, PA., finally putting the theft of all our equipment this past Spring behind us for good.

This coming weekend finds the corps traveling to Lewisburg, PA on Saturday for the “Cavalcade of Champions” show and to West Milford, NJ on Sunday for the Raiders DCI show.

Please come see us and get in on the fun of “Gypsodic!”.

And, as always, please visit http://www.bushwackers.org for more news and information about the Bushwackers.

Edited by The Bushwackers

Who's gonna get - "High Trailer" at DCA Labor Day weekend?

Bush or Cru? Maybe Brigs?

(and why would anyone want to steal your equipment and kill our horns? - Crazy!)

--------------------------------

Public Relations

Rochester Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps

Edited by David Hobart

I don't know man, ours looks pretty sweet. :tongue: And our wonderful interior designer/builder, David Kapp, is continuing his magic today. He's the guy that did our last interior if you saw the inside. It was the famous '10 pounds of you know what in a 5 pound bag' type of concept. Two levels of storage even through the middle. Not sure what the final interior will look like this time, seeing it's a larger trailer, but I'm sure it'll be sweet. I think we'll have to have a trailer prelims at Scranton. :tongue:

Exactly my thought: Why? Well both our corps overcame the damage done to us in the spring, proves how resilient we are and how awesome the drum corps community is to help us though our rough times.

Looking forward to another awesome weekend of drum corps!!!

Al: I just corrected the line in the original post about which Milford was the site of the Raiders show. Thanks.

I'm glad we didn't wipe anything out in the Clifton HS parking lot, and that required some good driving, because that trailer is awfully big.

We did a bunch of work on the interior today, and when it pulled away tonight on its way to Lewisburg I thought about how it was one of the biggest trailers I've ever seen that DIDN'T require a "fifth wheel" type hitch.

David: aside from the fact that it doesn't require a fifth wheel hitch, our new big black trailer does remind me a little of Cru's old "Da Twailer" (but bigger).

And, that's not the only thing that makes me me think of you guys.

When somebody does something bad to you, the best revenge is to come back better than you were before. The Bushwackers are striving to do that, and I'm sure that Cru is striving to do the same thing.

Best wishes to Cru and every other corps who has faced adversity this season (which means best wishes to every corps). Some teams have had more adversity than others, but adversity is something that

every corps faces, and it is probably the reason why drumcorps friendships tend to be so deep and long lasting.

Jeff Schrimmer