• No

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you.

I can't believe someone even posted this.......

Maybe next time some one will post "Will Pioneer beat BD?!?!?!?!?"

I don't think that is a fair comparison. I think a ridiculous comparison would be "Is The Fantastic Four 1 better than Iron Man"

To add to the original thing, I think Bluecoat's show has more to offer and is dirtier, hence greater upside. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't.

Edited by WOOHOO

No way, not this year. Not even one time. Here are my pros and cons of both in comparison to each other (opinion only):

Bloo Pros - Great percussion; more entertaining show; becoming well established as a quality program semi-long-term

Bloo Cons - Weak colorguard and hornline (certainly not as strong as last year); obvious similarities in terms of effect and linear design to last years show, but not executed as well; overall not as clean as Crown

Crown Pros - Great hornline and a colorguard that is especially good with multiple demand (body); higher energy show throughout; they do what they did last year as well or better in terms of execution; they have scored higher than the Cadets in head-to-head competition with two panels on two nights (every judge will be thinking of this when they adjudicate this show, guaranteed); drill and music are more focused on effect whereas Bloo is more intricate ("intellectual")

Crown Cons - Percussion REALLY takes a back seat to the hornline (there are many moments in the show when the hornline is being "featured" and the percussion does not play at all or minimally. I would be happy to provide examples to honks.); The emotional potential of this show is less than that of Bloo because there is no human story (not that there needs to be by any means to affect scores, just a fact); White (cream) uniforms are harder to clean on the field (but look better when cleaned)

I guess I like Bloo better this year in terms of show design, but 2008 Crown is simply better at marching, spinning, and playing than 2008 Bluecoats. I can't wait to see both of these corps again on the SA webcast and live in Allentown. They both have tremendous programs and their members should be proud for the rest of their lives to have marched in such fine corps.

Even with everything that I said, isn't is fun when the underdog wins? For example, I don't personally like Crown beating Cadets, but I'm glad that they did because 1)they deserved to 2)they made Cadets better than they would have been this year 3)I love going to shows and not knowing who will win!

A small outside chance, but probably not. Both are outstanding though. I hate that Bluecoats brass don't get more love around here.
I gotta tell ya that Bluecoat brass is kick a## !!!!!!!! :blink::blink:

After seeing both corps, I don't see why not. Bluecoats hornline is vastly underrated in my opinion. Beautiful balance of sound. Without being on the field (like performance judges), the only real advantage I would give Crown would be guard..And by a good margin..But then again Coats have a big edge in percussion (or at least they should from what I've been told by many). Both shows are very enjoyable. Good luck to them both.