Ask Ron Gunn

INSIDETHEFORTY

Following Ryan Turner's lead, I have been using Ron for my tickets since 95. After the 93 finals, my wife and I bought tickets from DCI the day they first went on sale. We ended up at the 10 yard line in Boston. The people we were sitting by had bought theirs 8 months later. We were furious. The next year we wound up sitting by Ron at a regional in the midwest (cant remember where) and he guaranteed us the "inside the forty" for face value cost. He came thru and has had my business ever since. Granted, I may tip him a bit to make sure I am at the 50 about 40-50 rows up, but it is more than worth it to me. See you at Quarters Ron. Thanks for everything!!

RON GUNN IS THE REAL DEAL--this is a totally unsolicited commendation.

He took care of me and my family last year at the Rose Bowl. I took a GREAT leap of faith by forwarding him a great deal of money TO A MOTEL!! And he came through for me, and I had great seats in the Press Box. I don't know how he does what he does, but he's the real deal. Sure--I spent nearly a $1000 with him, but it was VERY much worth it.

Thank you Ron--and by the way, I got your phone message from last week. I can't come back this year, but thanks for thinking of me my brother.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

WOW!

What a thumbs up! Thank you very, very much Ryan! It was a pleasure and an honor to host you and your family last summer in Pasadena! As you know, I take great pride and pleasure in supplying my Drum Corps friends with the best seating, food, accomodations, transportation, etc that I can! I pray that I will be blessed with the ability to continue to serve you in the future.

Yours,

Ron

WOW!

What a thumbs up! Thank you very, very much Ryan! It was a pleasure and an honor to host you and your family last summer in Pasadena! As you know, I take great pride and pleasure in supplying my Drum Corps friends with the best seating, food, accomodations, transportation, etc that I can! I pray that I will be blessed with the ability to continue to serve you in the future.

Yours,

Ron

Oh sure, I suppose I am just chopped liver!!!!!! Just kidding, see you next week!

Many people are wondering, How can I find Ron Gunn in Bloomington?

Simple! I am staying at the Days Inn, Matlock Road. It is next to Denny's. Down the street from the

Comfort Inn. Around the corner from the Stadium! From the Stadium, walk up Dunn Street (away from 17th street)to the light, turn left onto Matlock Road. Walk down Matlock Road to the next light. The Days Inn is on the left!

ADDRESS:

RON GUNN C/O DAYS INN, 200 E. MATLOCK RD, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47408

My office hours are: Daily, 10 am - 1 pm. After 1 pm on Thursday, till SHOWTIME, you can find me near the corner of 17th street and Dunn. There is a Convienience Store on the corner! There is also great BARBEQUE being cooked there by my friend Will! Join us!

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

WHAT ARE THE HOTELS IN ALLENTOWN LIKE?

The following is about one particular Allentown area Hotel. Not all Allentown area Hotels are like this one.

:thumbup::smile::smile:

The Hotel situation in Allentown is getting pretty bad. I had rooms reserved for my group, but my Hotel canceled many of my rooms because the Hotel was severely overbooked. Problem was, I never received any sort of cancellation notice!

The Hotel claimed that they called me many times to confirm my reservations. I never received a call or a message from them. When I arrived at the Hotel on Thursday, they told me they had tried to reach me at 315-491-4516. They had that number from their records from previous years. I informed them that used to be my number, until 10/07! The number was no longer in service after that date. They insisted that they had left numerous messages for me at that number, so I called the number. It was working and an answering service picked up. The voice was not mine, but the name given sounded a lot like mine the first time I called it. To clear it up, I called the number again and listened closely. Definately not my name, but very similar. Try calling that number yourself! Not my voice and not my name.

The Hotel did not send me an e-mail to make contact with me or to inform me of the cancellations. I told them that the e-mail address is required on the computerized system in order to make reservations. That's how I received my Reservation Confirmations! Any cancellations should have been sent to me via the same e-mail address!! However, the Hotel circumvented the system and cancelled my rooms without informing me! I was not at all pleased. However, I was very nice, polite and composed. After all, in such a siutation, one must do all he/she can to keep it pleasent for all parties involved so that a good solution can be the result!

To shorten the story, I presented my printed Reservation Confirmations to the hotel clerk. I gently told her what rooms I still needed and she accomodated me, somewhat. After all, I knew that being anything less that polite at that time would not get me what I wanted, our rooms! Two of my guests did not get the no-smoking room they asked for and I had reserved for them. I did not get the King room I reserved. In addition, the Hotel staff was rude and very overbearing, in spite of my cordial manner of speaking and the very nice treatment they received from me.

I will not be returning to that particular Hotel in the future, nor would I reccomend it to anyone in Drum corps.

That Hotel was the Extended Stay America in Bethlhem, PA.

:smile::smile::smile:

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

QUESTION:

"Thanks for your hard work. I am trying to find my seats. You mention 7L but no 7R. My seats are 7R row 58, seat 108. Is this closer to the 45 yard line, or the 30 yard line?"

Thanks,

Mike Wetzel

ANSWER:

Section 6L seating starts at the 6L / 6R aisle. The aisle is at the 45 yard line. Seat number 101 is closest to the aisle and therefore closest to the 45 yard line. Seats number 102-115 get farther away from the 45 yard line. The Section ends at the 40 yard line.

Section 7R is a mirror image of Section 6L. Again seat 101 is closest to the 45 yard line and the seats get farther away from the 45 as they get higher in number. Therefore, Section 6L, Seat 108 will be very close to the 40 yard line.

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

I wanted to take a moment and say that Ron Gunn is the real deal. A friend of mine from Casper and I go to finals every year, we always look for Ron to see if we can do some trading, I don't know how, or where he gets such amazing tickets but needless to say we have never had a problem. He has always been kind, respectful and a joy to speak with. Ron you are the best!

I wanted to take a moment and say that Ron Gunn is the real deal. A friend of mine from Casper and I go to finals every year, we always look for Ron to see if we can do some trading, I don't know how, or where he gets such amazing tickets but needless to say we have never had a problem. He has always been kind, respectful and a joy to speak with. Ron you are the best!

:lol:

No, YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

:worthy:

Thank you to all of my friends and supporters out there on this wonderful "DRUM CORPS PLANET"!

You, and the corps that give us their all, make my sweat and tears worthwhile!

See you in Rochester, NY on Labor Day weekend at the DCA Championships!

Yours in Drum Corps,

Ron Gunn