Ask Ron Gunn

INSIDETHEFORTY

QUESTION 1:

Recently someone asked me: "Why do you call yourself "INSIDE THE FORTY"?"

I call myself "INSIDE THE FORTY" because I have, for more than 20 years, specialized in providing excellent seating for Drum Corps fans. Most fans who desire high-quality tickets, also known as PREMIUM or SUPER-PREMIUM tickets, want to sit "INSIDE THE FORTY" yard lines. I later became "famous" for finding, obtaining, and providing tickets that seat my customers "INSIDE THE FORTY" yard lines! A few years ago, I dropped the "I Need Tickets" name in favor of the more descriptive and accurate "INSIDE THE FORTY" NAME.

Need tickets? Call INSIDE THE FORTY! I specialize in Super-Premium and Premium Drum Corps tickets!

Want to unload extra tickets? INSIDE THE FORTY will give you a good price for your tickets!

I always pay more than the "ticket scalpers" you will find outside the stadium on show day!

If you have a question for me, please post it as a reply in this thread.

Thank you for your time and interest!

Yours in Drum Corps,

QUESTION 2:

What is the condition of the badly damaged turf surface at the Finals site?"

"Will Memorial Staduim in Bloomington, IN be ready in time for Championships?"

I am writing this from my hotel room at the Days Inn-Bloomington!

I took a walk to the stadium today. The work on the field surface is nearly complete!

The turf itself has been delivered and is being put into place this week.

It is not all down yet, but great progress is being made. The part that is done looks very good!

The weather is cooperating and the work is moving forward very quickly!

The stadium will definately be ready for DCI Championships!

The site lines in the Stadium are similar to those at the Rose Bowl!

It is a very big stadium on the concert side!

The rows are rather close together, so there is not a lot of leg room.

I will return to the Stadium in the nmorning and take some detailed notes.

Please, let me know what you would like to know about Memorial Stadium!

More on Tuesday!

Yours in Drum Corps,

Ron Gunn

QUESTION 3

"How do I get from the Airport in Indianapolis to Downtown, Indy?"

There is a local bus, the Number 8 (Washington Street)that will take you from the Indy Airport to downtown Indy.

The bus picks up passngers at the GROUND TRANSPORTATION building near the airline bagggage claim area.

The same bus will also transport passengers from D'town Indy to the Airport.

The bus runs every 20 mminutes from 5:15 am till 11:45 pm, Mon-Fri!

A single ride costs $1.50. A DAy PASS is only $3.50 and is good on all busses for the entire day!

Detailed info is available online.

www.indygo.net

Yours in Drum corps,

Ron Gunn

QUESTION 4

How do I get from the Airport in Indy to Bloomington?

There are a number of shuttle services leaving from the Airport's Ground Transportation building going to various

Bloomington hotels.

The most inexpensive of these is

BLOOMINGTON SHUTTLE....$25.00 PER PERSON

SHUTTLE RUNS EVERY 2 HOURS!

STOPS INCLUDE:

HAMPTON iNN (NEXT DOOR TO THE DAYS iNN)

several campus buildings

COURTYARD BY MARRIOT

Call 812-332-6004 OR 800-539-6004 for reservations and info

Tickets may be purchased from machines with cash or credit cards or at the kiosk in the

GROUND TRANSPORTATION CENTER

www.bloomingtonshuttle.com

yours in Drum Corps,

Ron Gunn

QUESTION 5

A) What is the layout of Memorial Stadium in Bloomington?

B) What are the best areas for maximum enjoyment of the visual, brass, drum, pit, etc ?

A) The stadium is quite large. The seating is continuous and bowl-shaped, like the

Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA. However, it is steeper and higher. On Tuesday, July 22nd, I sat in several sections of the stadium's concert side. These are my observations:

Section 6R: To access this Section, fans will enter the stadium on the ground level, near the USS Indiana Memorial Mast. Fans will enter the Section through a tunnel. The tunnel enters the seating area at Row 31. Just below Row 31, the first step leads down to Row 30. This Row is ideal for fans who have difficulty climbing stairs. Continuing down the stairs, Fans will see Rows 29 through 1. Row 1 is, of course, at the bottom of the stands.

From the tunnel, fans who have seats in Rows 32-60 will turn to the right and head up the stairs. The viewing in Section 6R, Rows 40-45, Seats 1 and 2, is partially obstructed by a rail.

Section 6R seating from the aisle to the 50 yard line is numbered 1 to 12 or 13 (depending on the row). Seat number 1 is closest to the aisle, while seats 12 or 13 are closest to the 50 yard line. Therefore, in Section 6R, the higher seat numbers are closest to the 50 yard line!

Section 7L: Access is the same as in 6R, except 7L is a mirror image of 6R. From the tunnel, fans who have seats in Rows 32-60 will turn to the left and head up the stairs. The viewing in Section 6R, Rows 40-45, Seats 1 and 2, is partially obstructed by a rail.

Section 7L seating from the aisle to the 50 yard line is numbered 1 to 12 or 13 (depending on the row). Seat number 1 is closest to the aisle, while seats 12 or 13 are closest to the 50 yard line. Therefore, in Section 7L, the higher seat numbers are closest to the 50 yard line!

Section 6L seating starts at the 6L / 6R aisle. The aisle is at the 45 yard line. Seat number 101 is closest to the aisle and therefore closest to the 45 yard line. Seats number 102-115 get farther away from the 45 yard line. The Section ends at the 40 yard line.

Section 7R is a mirror image of Section 6L. Again seat 101 is closest to the 45 yard line and the seats get farther away from the 45 as they get higher in number.

more later

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

QUESTION:

Where can I get a good Barbeque take-out meal near the Stadium during a break in competition?

ANSWER:

While I was in Bloomington a few days ago, I made contact with a man who runs an outdoor BARBEQUE very close to the Stadium!

He will be open for business during FINALS WEEK!

He is located at the corner of 17th street and Dunn,

in the parking lot of the Convienence Store on that corner!

Just across the street and to the corner from the Stadium Mast!

During a competition break, it is worth a very short walk to obtain some of his

EXCELLENT barbeque!

Yours in the feed bag,

Ron Gunn

QUESTION 3

"How do I get from the Airport in Indianapolis to Downtown, Indy?"

There is a local bus, the Number 8 (Washington Street)that will take you from the Indy Airport to downtown Indy.

The bus picks up passngers at the GROUND TRANSPORTATION building near the airline bagggage claim area.

The same bus will also transport passengers from D'town Indy to the Airport.

The bus runs every 20 mminutes from 5:15 am till 11:45 pm, Mon-Fri!

A single ride costs $1.50. A DAy PASS is only $3.50 and is good on all busses for the entire day!

Detailed info is available online.

www.indygo.net

Yours in Drum corps,

Ron Gunn

I also saw that they offer something called the IndyGo Green Line Express. It's a $7 fare that will take you right to the heart of the hotels. Stops are in front of the Omni Severin, By the Embassy Suites/Hyatt/Conrad area, and in front of the Marriott/Westin.

I'm thinking about taking this as it's a direct route to downtown Indy with no other stops from the Airport. Departures are every 15 - 20 minutes.

I heard the taxis are charging a $15 pick-up fee just to start off with and then of course you have to pay the fare to get to your destination.

Information can be found on the same site Ron listed above.

Edited by Whiskey

I also saw that they offer something called the IndyGo Green Line Express. It's a $7 fare that will take you right to the heart of the hotels. Stops are in front of the Omni Severin, By the Embassy Suites/Hyatt/Conrad area, and in front of the Marriott/Westin.

I'm thinking about taking this as it's a direct route to downtown Indy with no other stops from the Airport. Departures are every 15 - 20 minutes.

I heard the taxis are charching a $15 pick-up fee just to start off with and then of course you have to pay the fare to get to your destination.

Information can be found on the same site Ron listed above.

Thank you very much for filling in the blank on that one! I forgot about the IndyGo line!

However, there is no $15.00 pick-up fee for the taxicabs. They are on meter. It starts at around $3.00.

Ron

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

RON GUNN IS THE REAL DEAL--this is a totally unsolicited commendation.

He took care of me and my family last year at the Rose Bowl. I took a GREAT leap of faith by forwarding him a great deal of money TO A MOTEL!! And he came through for me, and I had great seats in the Press Box. I don't know how he does what he does, but he's the real deal. Sure--I spent nearly a $1000 with him, but it was VERY much worth it.

Thank you Ron--and by the way, I got your phone message from last week. I can't come back this year, but thanks for thinking of me my brother.

:huh::huh::huh: