Who is the Real Copyright owner?

Ok so I am facing a road block. I am currently in the process of setting up a website for an Inactive Corps. Who holds the copyright for the video/audio etc. Even though The Americanos have no intention on returning to the field (anytime soon), the organization is still in operation. If the Americanos give us permission to post these on The Alumni Website would this be a ligit consent or will I have DCI breathing down our neck?

Does anyone know the answer?

I think the corps has the copyrights, DCI probably only has distribution rights given from the corps.

However I say that you email DCI and the Americanos and be sure you have the proper permission to distribute copyrighted material.

Ok so I am facing a road block. I am currently in the process of setting up a website for an Inactive Corps. Who holds the copyright for the video/audio etc. Even though The Americanos have no intention on returning to the field (anytime soon), the organization is still in operation. If the Americanos give us permission to post these on The Alumni Website would this be a ligit consent or will I have DCI breathing down our neck?

Does anyone know the answer?

To the best of my knowledge, it would be both DCI, and the composer of the music. Would probably depend on how th contract was written up. I'm not an attorney so dont quote me on any of this.

This is our "unoffical" Mission statment, Things will hopefully be offical Wednesday, when we meet for our monthly meeting.

The mission statment is as follows,

The Americanos Alumni Association is a group for the preservation of shared experiences of the Americanos organization, including former marching members, staff, directors, volunteers and fans.

The purposes of the Americanos Alumni Association (hereinafter referenced sometimes as only “Alumni Association”) shall be to provide a social environment for the former members of the Americanos Drum and Bugle Corps to gather, meet and share experiences; to preserve the history of the organization; to support and encourage continued excellence of the Americanos, Inc. through volunteer and financial support efforts.

We are merely trying to preseve whats left of our organization and by doing this we want to celebrate the years that the Corps was around.

I guess I could see if the Americanos were once a big money maker for DCI, but this really isnt the case. The Americanos remained for a majority of DCIs existance as a Smaller class corps. Americanos were more benifical to DCM then DCI From what I gather.

I have look on to other Alumni Websites and full shows Audio and Video have been posted. I have also looked up the Americanos on ebay to find a 12 year Cd being sold for $15.

So I am just confused on how all of this works...

Edited by dcf06