Fan Network Issues?

Anyone else having issues with the Fan Network On-Demand Videos?

Dave

By the way, no issues with on-demand videos here. I pause just for about a minute so the video has a chance to download before clicking play. Otherwise it's a bit choppy for the first minute or so.

Being in the telecom business and having learned alot about high speed internet/DSL over the past 3 years, I've learned that often when people think that their internet isn't working properly, it may have more to do with their computer. So many people don't go in and clean out their cache, cookies, browsing history and that stuff really clogs up your computer and makes it run much more slowly. (This may not be the issue for you but it certainly could be for some people.)

Anyone else having issues with the Fan Network On-Demand Videos?

Dave

I had trouble with the On Demand stuff during the past week. As mentioned before it was my computer. (Don't buy a computer with Norton products pre-loaded. They can screw up your system and are hell to pay to get rid of)

Anyway, thanks to Mat at DCI support for helping me throughout the week. All is fine now.

About the FanNetwork. The quality of the video was much better from Stanford than it was San Antonio. Also, I know they need to do promos and commercials, but they should show more of the corps setting up. They did show Regiment's pre-show last night, so kudos for that, but in the on-demand video they excluded that part.

All constructive criticsm. The FanNetwoek is a true bargain and one of the better ideas from DCI in terms of marketing, service to the fans, and making a buck in the process.

Dave

Being in the telecom business and having learned alot about high speed internet/DSL over the past 3 years, I've learned that often when people think that their internet isn't working properly, it may have more to do with their computer. So many people don't go in and clean out their cache, cookies, browsing history and that stuff really clogs up your computer and makes it run much more slowly. (This may not be the issue for you but it certainly could be for some people.)

Thank you for posting this. I was reading this thread while waiting for last night's Bluecoats performance to load. As soon as I cleared the cache and cookies (I delete browsing history quite often), the video came up.

Being in the telecom software business for 20 years, I can't imagine why a single one of those items (except *maybe* an invalid cookie - which are actually pretty rare) would cause a video to fail to play. (Sorry I can't stand it when people spread plain old wrong information and been told these same useless thing by "support" people everywhere). While it certainly may be true that lots of internet issues are caused by bloated, poorly config'd computers, clearing your history, cache and cookies probably won't fix a darn thing (and will cause all those sites that used to work because of good cookies to fail).

Edited by corpsband