Hattiesburg, MS - July 22

well...to be fair to her and show the proper respect, she is a complete wacked out nutjob and quite possibly the most disgusting person I can imagine in the public eye

just saying

:tongue:

Now THAT's a great review...

I walked around and talked to friends until Blue Devils kicked it into gear. They got into the arc and I found it amusing, and maybe its part of their 'abursdity' gig, but each section of the hornline had one of those aroma wicks or whatever you call it lit an on the ground and centered in front of each section. Maybe to relax them I don't know - first time I've seen that. Anyone else see BD do this?

It's wasn't always permitted, for various reasons, at every show, but it is something of a tradition going back at least 25 years, if not more. Back in my day (pardon the pun), the Baritone line had incense, a statue of Buddha, and a Coke can that danced to the sound of the music. Every section generally had their own thing. But its possible that things have been "consolidated" in the years since.

It's wasn't always permitted, for various reasons, at every show, but it is something of a tradition going back at least 25 years, if not more. Back in my day (pardon the pun), the Baritone line had incense, a statue of Buddha, and a Coke can that danced to the sound of the music. Every section generally had their own thing. But its possible that things have been "consolidated" in the years since.

interesting.. cool

So...you think the woman that was checking to make sure people weren't recording (which is against copyright laws) was a "heffer" because she was doing this, her job? I think there needs to be much, much more of this at shows. I don't want them to be rude of course, but it does need to be enforced. Just look at all the youtube videos that get posted each year by criminals (one who breaks laws) who record the performances, possibly causing the corps to lose money (nah...I don't need to buy the dvd set...I've already seen their show on youtube!).

Just saying...

So...you think the woman that was checking to make sure people weren't recording (which is against copyright laws) was a "heffer" because she was doing this, her job? I think there needs to be much, much more of this at shows. I don't want them to be rude of course, but it does need to be enforced. Just look at all the youtube videos that get posted each year by criminals (one who breaks laws) who record the performances, possibly causing the corps to lose money (nah...I don't need to buy the dvd set...I've already seen their show on youtube!).

Just saying...

To clarify, I referred to her as a "heffor" because I was displeased with her attitude on the matter - with everyone, not just myself. I understand the point of her job. Furthermore, in my opinion at least, dci videos on youtube would not disuade me from buying a professionally recorded dvd set which is masterfully mixed in 5.1 dolby digital surround sound.. It does, however, give me a little something the championship dvds do not give, and that is a "personal experience". I was not attempting to record the show. I was attempting to record the hornline warmup.

Just saying...