Mufreesboro

With DCI Southeast coming on the annual heels of Murfreesboro these years, does making the top 8 cut at Murfreesboro really all that much matter any more? My daughter and I are going to the storied event for the first time ever tomorrow, but DCI is more hyped about the Georgia Dome (which I don't like as a venue for more that one reason (remember the bursting seam/gush of water....we were right underneath)).

Anyhow, does anyone know what time the show starts. I see it is listed as 8Pm on the web site, but is that CDT time? Seems kinda late to start a 8 corps show.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Central time. It's always, always a GREAT show!

Let's wish all the corps only the BEST for their hard work and wonderful talents.

:laughing::ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :doh: :doh:

I am a huge CROWN fan, they are #1 in my book since 2004,

so a special wish for them!

One of the best shos on the tour. Period. No track, no grass, no dead spots, just good, loud and close to your ears!

Yes, I believe it's relevant in that I believe even if it's not talked about, Corps love that they are in the "Top 8" and get to come to this show. It gives them something to shoot for this time of year like the other corps shooting for the 12th spot at finals. Also, I know there's San Antonio and Atlanta but, there's something about this show that really comes accross as a "shootout" or "showdown" for these corps that sets the tone for the rest of the season.

I mentioned on here a couple of years ago that I wish DCI made a Murf type show where fans voted for the entrants. Not the top 8, but the fan favorite 8 each year. Be fun to see who made it year to year and which shows boosted or lowered which corps in a particular year. A full exhibition show with fan voted in lineup.

That would be cool

Sometimes, don't you have to wonder what the staffs really think?

Wouldn't it be frustrating to be battling to hold on to 8th and have to miss a rehearsal day to perform in this show? The worst thing is that you have to go on early, so you don't even really get a shot at having a substantial show-day rehearsal. The only obvious competitive perk is another performance experience and the slight *possible* score bump.

I've been to every Murfreesboro show since it went to the top 8 format, and I've loved it every year. It may not be relevant, but it's not supposed to be, is it? It's fun (for fans and, from what I've heard, performers too), it's sort of on the way to Atlanta, and it's big show in a part of the country that doesn't get too many big shows.

Sadly, I won't be able to make it tomorrow, but anyone who does needs to stop at the Slick Pig BBQ for chicken wings and banana pudding. It won't disappoint. And if you're in town early, be sure to check out the Stones River Battlefield for a chilling lesson in American history.

Even if some of he fans may think it is not relevant, trust me, it is relevant to the corps. If you don't think so, just ask the members of some of the corps that didn't make it. :laughing:

As long as people continue to attend and enjoy Murfreesboro, it's relevant in my book.