Paul Rennick Information

mimatt80

I was curious if anyone knows if Paul Rennick ever marched DCI? I have looked through his bio online several times and there is never any mention of him marching. Also, does anyone know what years he was percussion arranger/caption head for the Blue Devils, Carolina Crown and Phantom Regiment? Also, if anyone has marched under him, what are his methods of teaching and the idea behind his writing? I am a big fan of his and I think what he does with his drumlines is unbelievable.

From what I know of Paul, he was caption head at VK in '95, Crown from '96-'02, and PR '03-present. I am not sure what he did, drum corpswise, before VK in '95. His bio says that he's been with UNT since '89. I also know that he worked with Blast.

From what I know of Paul, he was caption head at VK in '95, Crown from '96-'02, and PR '03-present. I am not sure what he did, drum corpswise, before VK in '95. His bio says that he's been with UNT since '89. I also know that he worked with Blast.

Thanks for the info. I saw him at a clinic last year and I should of asked him these questions there. I was hoping he would be at the San Antonio DCI show, but I didn't see him. Maybe if I run into him at PASIC this year, I will ask him.

He marched under Tom Float at UNT...which was and perhaps still the one of the most impressive drumlines...dci-marching band-wgi...ever!

Float asked this guy to come and march countless times...Paul could have written his own ticket. I dont know the real reasons why, but they are extremely personal why he wasnt able to march corps during those seasons.

I knew this dude was going somewhere when he had his first chance to completely write the show for 1995 VK...yeah, they were dirty, but what they played, how they grooved, how they executed...WOW....although the corps didnt make top 12, the line made it well within.

His work with Crown really molded one area of the corps that needed the most work at that time.

Yeah, our high school perc. caption head marched under Paul Rennick's instruction at UNT, including the winterline, a pretty legendary group. He also marched skyriders '93 and VK either 94 or 95... So those years he would have been under Rennick still I guess. =0 And this season he has the snares using the IP Paul Rennick 2's. Heh.

Yeah, our high school perc. caption head marched under Paul Rennick's instruction at UNT, including the winterline, a pretty legendary group. He also marched skyriders '93 and VK either 94 or 95... So those years he would have been under Rennick still I guess. =0 And this season he has the snares using the IP Paul Rennick 2's. Heh.

Yes, Paul marched with the 27th Lancers

Great guy!