Finals Webcast

I could see them not wanting to stream finals because you can still copy those which means they’d be giving up some DVD sales. Makes sense to me from a let’s-milk-our-fans-for-all-they-are-worth to never broadcast finals on line. Charge for quarters in the theatre, charge them for semi’s on the net and charge them for the finals DVD

I'm not the most tech savvy person but my FN streams, while better than I might have guessed, are not DVD quality and I wouldn't know how to capture the performances online. And if the DVD's were Blu Ray (and I know, it's not universally adopted yet but wait until this holiday season...) the quality differential would be huge.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see them not wanting to stream finals because you can still copy those which means they’d be giving up some DVD sales. Makes sense to me from a let’s-milk-our-fans-for-all-they-are-worth to never broadcast finals on line. Charge for quarters in the theatre, charge them for semi’s on the net and charge them for the finals DVD

A Saturday night broadcast is not economically feasible because there is more money to be made on gate revenue than on pay-per view. If a pay-per-view was offered, the fear is more people would want to stay home than travel to finals. Ultimately, there just aren't enough people who would buy the pay-per-view broadcast to justify the production costs. Again, it's been studied over, and over, and over again.

Edited by Newseditor44