In The News: Bandettes On Hold As Numbers Dwindle

The Rotaryfest parade was shorter than usual this year. For the first time in a while, the Bandettes Steel Town Brass Drum and Bugle Corps was absent from the annual celebration.The local group, which began in 1963, has marched in nearly every Rotary parade since forming. In fact, it has...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...4&Itemid=28

i was just wondering about Steel Town this morning...but is the full name Bandettes Steel Town? i thought they changed to Steel Town to go co-ed

The reporter might have gotten confused. The corps is named Steel Town Brass, but the umbrella organization is still The Bandettes, I believe.

I thought they were already history. I tried to go to their website www.bandettes.org a few months ago, and nothing. I had some good memories of the Bandettes from when I marched.

Web site is now steeltownbrass.org but nothing has been added since February when the corps went on hold to prepare for re-entering field competition in 2009. You should start seeing new information on the site aprox mid Sept and thereafter. I am presently involved in collecting names of potential new members for the fall and my target is 80 to 85 members for this fall. If you need more information you can contact me at

stbrass@yahoo.com

Thanks for your continued interest in the Bandettes organization and Steel Town Brass (co-ed) Drum & Bugle Corps.

Edited by bandettedriver