Rock and Roll in California

Didn't feel the p-wave, but did feel the s-wave which lingered for about 30sec to a minute. It was a nice smooth rolling, horizontal shake versus the vertical jolts that we sometimes feel. Almost seemed like the wave was reflecting back and forth off of the coastal plate. I'm up in the Ventura area.

That's almost exactly like what happened up here in 89. Except the rolling lasted almost a full minute. I was in the south western end of SF @ the Stonestown Mall in the parking lot when it hit. I thought the movie theater sign on 19th Ave was just going to shear off its base and fall on my car it was shaking back and forth with a lot of force.......... The parking lot looked like the Pacific Ocean. It was like there were three foot waves rippling across the parking lot and all the cars just floating on top like flotsam and jetsam sitting on top of the water........... totally bizarre.

My parents live in Henderson, NV just outside of Las Vegas and they haven't heard of any reports of the quake being felt out there..........

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic