What's up with the drum scores in Columbus?

What I get is that your bias is bleeding through in your post, and although you don't remember questioning his credentials. Saying he needs a new set of ears is exactly that.

Were you at the show? Have you seen recordings of both groups at that show?

Was at the show, and I don't need to see a "recording." Sorry, but your wrong....never questioned his credentials, just his ears. I, 99.9% of the time, agree with his adjudication. I also spent two days watching Blue Stars practice in Atlanta, love the show, but the drum line was just OK, and definitely NOT better than Spirit. Yes, they have made improvements, but the point differential is what I have a problem with......in one night. I'll go out on a limb here...I believe the drum scores are gonna be pushed to ensure top 9 placement in Finals....don't believe me?

Still don't understand why you "get it".....a spade is a spade....if A is cleaner than B then I'll call it that way....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The title of this thread should read "People are never happy."

There's the old adage "Those who can't play, teach. Those who can't teach, judge."

Well, it seems to me JJ can both play, teach and judge and has at a very high level. Considering some of the fossils that DCI used to trot out to judge (and having witnessed some critiques in '93), we should feel blessed to have someone of JJ's caliber on tour.

Given that the OP mentioned "...I don't believe I ever questioned his credentials...just his score" I think the OP is being a little silly.

####. Moan. Rant. Rinse. Repeat.

Being on staff in 93', you should have been used to getting blasted at critique, yes???...BTW, silly is your little rinse-repeat B.S. up above.

Edited by jsualumnus

Being on staff in 93', you should have been used to getting blasted at critique, yes???

Being blasted at critique? No, not really. But I did see some judges not know differences between rudiments.

I think we should make "ad hominem" a new rudiment and dedicate it to the OP.

Edited by atlvalet

I'm totally not arguing semantics with you.

My bad, Im sure that you write posts complaining every time a drum judge has placement mixed up. Not just when Spirit is the ones who "get screwed". :thumbup:

peace out thread.

I have my views on everyone....nice cliche. :tongue:

And if you have peaced out on the thread then why are you still in it?...where did you march dude?

Edited by jsualumnus

Being blasted at critique? No, not really. But I did see some judges not know differences between rudiments.

I think we should make "ad hominem" a new rudiment and dedicate it to the OP.

:tongue:...let me know when to laugh.

Edited by jsualumnus