Any idea how they are working in the international corps

They did, in 1998. Following that summer, they filed for 501©3 status in California and established an office there, making them an official north american corps. During this time however, the international corps status wasn't clearly defined as Yamato was the first corps to be given the international division title. Corps from outside NA have participated in DCI competition in the prior to 1998, but none to my understanding had ever reached finalist status in any division/class.

Thanks for the information. For a minute I thought maybe I was remembering things that didn't exist. I also finally remembered the name of the wonderful corps in 2006. It was Jubal. My sincere apologies to Jubal for not remembering their name. They put on a wonderful show, and I bought one of their dvds that year, and have enjoyed it alot.

It is always so fun to watch international corps, and see what other countries are putting out on the field. I really wish more could come to the United States and perform.

They had members over 21 the last time they were here(2004). If that is not the case this year (hence complying with all of DCI's rules and regulations) then yes, they can compete for the Open Class title.

My understanding is that an international corps can not push a DCI corps out of finals. So, if one made finals, there would one additional DCI corps allowed. If there were 2 international corps in finals, then we would have 14 corps.

topics merged.

• 5 weeks later...
I could be wrong, but I thought Yamato won international division a few years back, and then performed an exhibition on finals night. I know they are half and half now, but wasn't actually sure of their performance status.

Yamato did win International Division in 1998. They filed for their 501©3 in 1998 and competed as an North American corps from 1999.

Oops.... Mr. Escobar already clarified this... :thumbs-up:

Edited by yamae

My understanding is that an international corps can not push a DCI corps out of finals. So, if one made finals, there would one additional DCI corps allowed. If there were 2 international corps in finals, then we would have 14 corps.

The same goes for Semifinals.