If ain't broke, don't fix it...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

True, but one could also make the argument of "If it ain't broke, break it, and make it better." Of course, "better" is all subjective and relative to ones own perspective as to what constitutes "better."

I would add Bluecoats to that list. They have improved their program drastically with some major rewrites.

Agreed!

This is definitely one of those topics that can be easily misconstrued. To simplify, what are some of your favorite musical moments in corps' shows that have changed for the worse or for the better? Yes, I understand improvements will be made and are necessary. However, I feel some do it better than others.

Examples, Cadets had just changed the opening hit to last longer with the chord, and I thought this would propel them into a more lively, top-challenging show. Then, for some reason, they changed it again to a less effective (of course, IMO) intro with an almost complete rewrite. It didn't sound the same at all. Just curious. Also, SCV's arrangements tend to get lower in terms of range with each rewrite, and the mellos seem to be almost obsolete now in comparison to the beginning of the year. There were issues then, but some modifications and tweaks may have fixed the problem better (IMO).

Crown's extension of the end is an example of a good rewrite, IMO. They simply extended it to add more Visual and Music GE, with the guard now backfield, and the forming Crown in the front to blow our faces off. Similar changes were made to Phantom's book. Boston is night and day from the beginning of the season, IMO.

Thanks!